Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/30/2007 8:25:39 PM EDT
I hope to god this isn't any of you trying to scam people.

Backpage Liar's Posting

Here's my response to his ad.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 10:01:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Surely none of us here would try and pull something like that

Now leave my ad alone and move on with your day dammit!!
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 3:10:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Am I missing something?

rr
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 4:09:39 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Am I missing something?

rr

How about in the first ad the guy wants $75 for each "XD Package" and states he bought 'em as christmas gifts but ordered the wrong caliber.  Total crock of BS.  
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 9:37:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Am I missing something?

rr

How about in the first ad the guy wants $75 for each "XD Package" and states he bought 'em as christmas gifts but ordered the wrong caliber.  Total crock of BS.  

Who cares why he is selling them?  $75 is a fair price.  Each mag sells for $25 each, plus you get all that other crap.  CDNN sells them for $90.

Where's the problem??  Besides the fact that Springfield is complete shit in itself?
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 3:13:56 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Am I missing something?

rr

CDNN sells them for 89.99, so 75 each seems to be an OK deal to me.

www.cdnninvestments.com/spxd45magpan.html

I'm just not seeing the scam here.  Can you be a little more specific?

rr
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 4:08:52 AM EDT
[#6]
I've seen two other sites, one being PistolGear selling them for around $37.50 without shipping.  Note that some are now out of stock due to people buying them in bulk.  There was another site selling them for about the same price, but I can't remember it for the life of me.

-GreatWarAZ
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 7:25:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Can we make a deal that we quit posting posts on backpage calling people out.  A sucker is born every minute.  I hate reading people arguing on backpage when I just want to look at the guns.  Now if someone is selling something that isn't what it really is, that is different.  But just because someone wants too much money is nothing new.  Hell, half of us just paid $15 + $5-7 for parking just so a whole bunch of people could try to sell us stuff way over market value.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top