Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2007 6:50:20 AM EDT
Hey all. Im PCSing to AZ (Ft. H) in January, and I was wondering if there was any way I could apply for my CCW by mail? Im stationed in Germany, and I would love to get the ball rolling before I get there. (Maybe even have my permit waiting for me when I got there.)

Thanks all!
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:03:23 AM EDT
[#1]
You'll need to meet the application requirements and successfully complete a certified course. Permit issuance is generally very fast after that, 3-14 days.

www.azdps.gov/ccw/faq.asp

You could get things going by going over the application and lining up a class in your area.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 7:05:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Another great website to check out is www.packing.org.  It's got everything you could imagine regarding firearms/ CCW.  Just FYI...
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 7:16:18 AM EDT
[#3]
packing.org sleeps with the fishes...Try: www.carryconcealed.net./
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 7:30:08 AM EDT
[#4]
height=8
Quoted:
packing.org sleeps with the fishes...Try: www.carryconcealed.net./

Good 2 Know.  Never been there... yet. Thx
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 8:29:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Here is some actually useful information.
Call Trailboss Outfitters in Sierra Vista, talk to Brian Sebastian (SV Police Dept) or one of the folks there and register for Brian's CCW class.  Most of the folks there are retired military.  The number is 520 515 0028.  In the mean time I can send you the text book Az Firearms laws and get it off by tomorrow if you IM me your address.
Ft. Huachuca is a good assignment, many of us retired from there to live in Sierra Vista.  The post itself has a realy nice plinking range that is open virtually every weekend.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 2:39:41 PM EDT
[#6]
To be fair, if you've ever even looked at a hand gun, you could probably pass the class with ease. The shooting portion is ridiculously easy with five shots at 15 feet and another five shots at 30 feet with center mass being the goal. I think you need 7 out of 10 to pass that portion. The written test is 20 of the easiest questions imaginable. If you've been paying attention at all during the eight hour course you should have no problem. It's about ten days wait after you mail the forms. So you're talking less than two weeks in country before you've got a permit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top