Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2007 6:14:19 PM EDT
Anybody else signed up for the Western CMP Games and the 2007 Creedmoor Cup Match Ben Avery Shooting Facility, Phoenix, Arizona the date is 10-20-07 to 10-28-07. I just signed up for one match; don’t know what day or time I’ll be shooting. This is the first time I’ve done something like this. They are going to have a Garand/Springfield/Military Rifle Clinic, the clinic will include lecture, demonstration and dry fire position work for inexperienced competititors like me. What all do I need to take besides my M1?
Thanks
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 6:15:52 AM EDT
[#1]
bring eye & ear protection, a mat to shoot on, a long sleeved shirt, a canvas WWII style GI sling, lunch and lots to drink. Zero at 200 if you can.

they have a beginner's clinic on saturday/sunday 20/21-oct at the beginning of the 8-day event. Then 2 or 3 days of CMP shooting, an advanced High Power clinic, a full distance practice, a 50-shot match called "Excellence in competition", on saturday 27-oct is a 80-shot full distance high power match, and sunday a team match... those last 3 or 4 days are better for shooters with just a little experience, but come out and watch or volunteer!

there will also be TWO BBQs one on each weekend

also, bring some money, there will be CMP sales at the event!

full match program and entry at http://www.odcmp.com/Competitions/WesternGames.htm

ASRPA volunteers have done a TON of work at avery rebuilding and refurbishing the High Power range in addition to some sign painting and target building in Tucson & Mesa... the high power shooters are really stepping up to make  this match a success!

more info on my website about HP shooting all over AZ
http://arizona.rifleshooting.com/

Poole
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 6:52:02 PM EDT
[#2]
height=8
bring some money, there will be CMP sales at the event!

What will they be selling Garands, ammo,....?

Thanks, Bill
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 11:07:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:13:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Bill,
Thanks for the info. I've got just about everything you menition except for the shooting mat. Can I use a G.I. foam sleeping pad for a shooting mat?
Bill, will you be shooting at the Western CMP Games and the 2007 Creedmoor Cup Match?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top