Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/7/2006 8:51:11 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:49:23 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Years ago I heard that after having an AZ cert of nonop for a year, the salvage history drops off the vehicle history. Recently I heard a rumor about a salvage vehicle (rebuilt theft recovery, not collision) being able to be registered with a clean title after a certain inspection. Any truth to these?

Not trying to do anything shady, just wanting some info for myself and a friend. If you don't want to post info in public, IM me.

Thanks in advance.

I have heard of people washing titles in other states.  Delaware or another oddball east coast state comes to mind..?

Mike
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 1:41:42 PM EDT
[#2]
As far as I know it is true under certain circumstances,
My neighbor had her car stolen and more than a year later it turns up in a parkling lot, missing the battery, antenna and gas cap. The fuel pump had died and the car was just left in a parking lot, for quite some time judging by all the dirt on it.
She bought it from the insurance company as a salvage title (it had belonged to her father) and had it repaired and cleaned up. When she went to register it she was told that since it was a stolen vehicle she could get it on a standard title, no salvage. This was a mid eighties sedan so it was not worth much to begin with.
So it appears that a stolen car that is recovered after being written off can be.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top