Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2006 5:46:20 AM EDT

Quoted:

Quoted:
Would it be too wrong of me to go down to Home Depot and hire some illegals to counter protest the other illegals?

... Now that's the funniest shit I've read in some time.

... On a more serious note: On April 10 Do not buy or frequent establishments that obviously hire illegals to work. No Filberto's, no lawn service, no hotels, no car washes - Spread the word far & wide!

I borrowed this from another thread.  As usual, W_W has some great thoughts.  I'm wondering though, how many of us continually support the myriad businesses that knowingly utilize an illegal immigrant work force?  

I have another thought.  I was sitting with a bunch of co-workers who were angry about the immigration issues, not to mention that it's mandatory that every single able bodied employee at my work has to be on hand for the 4-10 protest.  Vacations are cancelled, lives inconvenienced, people are coming in on their day off.  While everyone was talking about the border and immigration issues, talk finally turned to lunch, and everyone ended up going to La Canasta at 17th Ave. and Van Buren.

As much as I like Mexican food, as much as I like getting fast food when I'm on the go, as much as I like having a lawn service, as much as I like getting my car washed and detailed, I have decided not to knowingly use the services of illegal immigrants.  No more IHOP, no more going out to any Mexican or Chinese restaurant, no more drive through.  I don't intend to do this on 4-10, but instead intend to do this from now on.  

The thing that kills me is the employers who give these people jobs.  I might not agree with illegal immigration, but I also can't blame some poor person from Mexico wanting to come here and enjoy our work and out standard of living.  

Perhaps one of the saddest things is that we so readily support these businesses with our money, all the while disagreeing with and being angered by the immigration problem.  Outside of the grocery store, which is kind of a necessity, I'm trying to phase out any place that I support financially that hires illegals.  I think shooters and patriots as a group need to look at ourselves and figure out all the places we spend money that foster the environment that illegals thrive in.  How hard would it be to stop using these things?  

I make it a point to see what corporations support gun control, and I avoid those places and products that lend financial support to anti-gun causes.  That means no AMC movies, no Ben and Jerry's, no more Hallmark cards during holidays, I no longer buy Levis, I won't shop at 7-11, and I avoid Time Warner publications and films.  There are a lot of things I like that I won't have anything to do with.  

I can certainly boycott places that have an obvious illegal immigrant workforce.  Will I miss Mexican and Chinese food?  You bet.  However, I feel better.  I would encourage others to do so.  By the way, for those who do not visit the NRA blacklist, here is a link:

NRA Blacklist
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:20:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 12:15:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'm wondering though, how many of us continually support the myriad businesses that knowingly utilize an illegal immigrant work force?  

What can you do?  I went to a nice Stone fabricator and bought granite countertops and stone backsplash for my kitchen.  But when a crew of dudes that don't speak English shows up....

Certain trades are now dominated by mexican workers.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:59:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I purposely passed up Filiberto's, Armando's, etc. the other day for lunch and went to Arby's instead. Couldn't get away from em!!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:05:12 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The thing that kills me is the employers who give these people jobs.  I might not agree with illegal immigration, but I also can't blame some poor person from Mexico wanting to come here and enjoy our work and out standard of living.  

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:36:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I would rather pay an illegal immigrant who doesnt report their wages then pay for a legal American citizen to sit on their ass and collect welfare.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top