Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2006 5:39:40 PM EDT
Post here if you want to join.  Cost is about $200 if you are not certified.  They'll strap our sorry asses to an instructor, and we enjoy the ride.

After the jump, the beer is on me.

I'm nominating GS808, Anarchy, and AZ_Rednexk.  No, I don't give a damn if you don't want to go.  You're going.  [chucky norris boy]  Don't MAKE me come down there [/chucky norris boy]

Genesis and wife unit and 4th Horseman and wife unit are excused for reasons I know of and y'all do not need to know.  But, they are welcome if they decide.

We are also scheduling an Arfcom jump in VA for a weekend.  

So who is in?  There is another member that already said yes, so this will be a group thing.  We'll all die together or live to post pics and call everyone else that did not go pussies sane that did not go.  And then we'll get drunk and get some hookers and blow.  

C'mon guys. let's make some noise!  
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:24:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Richard,
Found some diffrent fields:
http://www.skydiveaz.com

This place is closer to me in Prescott, http://www.skydivesedona.com/prices_tandem.html

199 for first timers

So when the hell are we setting this up? I gotta get some cash together...

Jason
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:12:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I think my size rules me out (6"6 300 lbs)... dont you have to be a small person?

Is there a weight limit?
Yes, we can safely take someone up to 220 lbs. for men and 200 lbs. for women

well that settles that...

If not... I just found out that my wife is pregnant.. I cant die NOW.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:35:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Interesting idea! When and where are the first things that come to mind. Second thing is how much to record the event?  I might me interested in this. IM me when you get better details. I am in Gilbert.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:53:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 1:33:25 AM EDT
[#5]
I am not hooked up on the date yet, guys.  How about the beginning of May?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:05:06 PM EDT
[#6]
OK, gentleman and ladies, check it.

$199 per person, but we can get a group discount.  I'll hire the filmer, and rent us all helmet cams.

We leave Sat morning and meet either in Williams or Prescott, majority rule.  We can carpool.  We jump Sat afternoon, and you get about 1 minute freefall and 4 minutes chute time.  After that, we go to any central location and get fed and drunk at Fox and the Hound, then crash on the closest person's couch until Sunday morning (if drinking with us).  I nominate my house, because Camy and kids are gone and I have shitloads of room.

All in all, figure gas, pictures, the jump, and Fox and the Hound, and figure $300 - not too bad for the experience of a lifetime!  

So, I need confirmations from anyone that wants to go so we can secure the group rate.  EVERYONE has to tandem, or we won't get the group.  Post here to confirm for the end of April.  

C'mon, you bunch of studs, let's exit!  Who's in, and what's your vote for location?  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:52:33 PM EDT
[#7]
well shit I just might have to seriously consider this
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:54:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

You're a liberal if you don't go

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:15:27 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're a liberal if you don't go

oh thats cold, even for you
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:31:03 PM EDT
[#10]
I took the dive (Tandem) on my 18th, got bored 5 seconds into the dive and the harness was very uncomfortable the rest of the way down.

But damn, I jumped out of a Fing plane. Only wish I had the money to do it right next time and train for a solo jump.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:06:48 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I took the dive (Tandem) on my 18th, got bored 5 seconds into the dive and the harness was very uncomfortable the rest of the way down.

But damn, I jumped out of a Fing plane. Only wish I had the money to do it right next time and train for a solo jump.

See, here's what I don't get. It should take about an hour to teach someone how to use a parachute.

1) Pull chute at <altitude>
-      1a) If chute fails at <altitude>, pull secondary chut ASAP.
-      1b) If backup fails, you bounce a little and then go splat.
2) Steer with the handle thingamabobbers, pull on the left to go left, right to go right, and both to slow decent.
3) Friends drink a beer in the end, splat or no splat.

Did I miss anything?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:15:30 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

See, here's what I don't get. It should take about an hour to teach someone how to use a parachute.

1) Pull chute at <altitude>
-      1a) If chute fails at <altitude>, pull secondary chut ASAP.
-      1b) If backup fails, you bounce a little and then go splat.
2) Steer with the handle thingamabobbers, pull on the left to go left, right to go right, and both to slow decent.
3) Friends drink a beer in the end, splat or no splat.

Did I miss anything?

This was several years back, but when I was looking at training for solo, it was either a 12-16 jump program or an accelerated 8 jump. Each 2-3 jumps covered a certain stage then you needed to complete a 4th ump showing competency etc..

So you had to pay for classroom time, Each Jump plus whatever equipment you needed. Total price when I was looking was about $1,500.-3,500.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:40:48 PM EDT
[#13]
OK, back on topic.

Who is DEFINATELY in?  Wee need at least 6 for the discount, folks.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top