Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2006 5:15:17 PM EDT
Just picked up a Kel-Tec P-3AT cheap. Would like to have it HARD CHROMED for durability and resistance to rusting.

Any local places in Arizona do this?

Or if nothing local...any places you can recommend that do a great job?

P.S. I paid $200 for the gun...so obviously I'm not looking to spend a lot.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:34:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Get with Derek at AZEX.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:45:23 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Just picked up a Kel-Tec P-3AT cheap. Would like to have it HARD CHROMED for durability and resistance to rusting.

I believe KT can.  I know they do the hard chrome for the P-11's for $25.00.  New barrel, slide, and lock.

I'll be doing the same for my P-11.

I'd assume they can do similar for the P3AT.  And, if I recall correctly, they'll just send you the pieces parts, and you return your unchromed ones to them.

Erik
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 11:11:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Would you have to hold it sideways if you get it chromed?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:27:29 PM EDT
[#4]
LOL. Thanks for the tips guys.

Anyone have one of these pistols? Is it really necessary to have it chromed???

Also, that is prety surprising they will exchange the non-chromed parts for chromed ones. Is that anywhere on their website or it word of mouth.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:07:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
LOL. Thanks for the tips guys.

Anyone have one of these pistols? Is it really necessary to have it chromed???

Also, that is prety surprising they will exchange the non-chromed parts for chromed ones. Is that anywhere on their website or it word of mouth.

I have one and think they are great for the money. I bought mine already chromed from the factory. I wanted the added protection since a lot of moisture would be contacting this piece. Here in AZ it's so dry it's probably not really needed but for the extra $15-$20 I paid for the chrome model it was worth it to me in the long run.

-John
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 1:12:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Who is KT and how do I get a hold of this person? I need some stuff hard chromed!  Have a few firearms I would like to get done. Thanks
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:44:08 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Who is KT and how do I get a hold of this person? I need some stuff hard chromed!  Have a few firearms I would like to get done. Thanks

I may be way off but I am pretty sure KT is "Kel-Tec"

I will give them a call on Monday
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:08:32 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I believe KT can.  I know they do the hard chrome for the P-11's for $25.00.  New barrel, slide, and lock.

I'd assume they can do similar for the P3AT.  And, if I recall correctly, they'll just send you the pieces parts, and you return your unchromed ones to them.

Erik

Kel-Tec charges about $75 for the chrome-plating replacement upper and they are on a 6-8 week backlog. I sent my P-11 slide to Jack Fuselier for his $25 nickel plating and he has a 3 week turnaround. His nickel plating is supposed to be more corrosion resistant than the factory finish. IMO, I don't think you need to get it refinished. It should be fine for a few years. I refinished mine only because I "carry beveled" the slide and couldn't repark it myself.

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:54:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Not trying to high-jack this thread but all of us "Kel-Tec" people seem to be in here so I thought I'd just add this one thing. I just bought another P3AT today and the slide design is completely different. The extractor is what stands out as being the most different. Does anyone know when they made the change? Also is my older one now inferior? I wonder if Kel-Tec has an upgrade program? I wonder if I'll have problems extracting in my older one?

Here's a pic: (Both are .380 cal model P3AT)

-John
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:31:27 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Not trying to high-jack this thread but all of us "Kel-Tec" people seem to be in here so I thought I'd just add this one thing. I just bought another P3AT today and the slide design is completely different. The extractor is what stands out as being the most different. Does anyone know when they made the change? Also is my older one now inferior? I wonder if Kel-Tec has an upgrade program? I wonder if I'll have problems extracting in my older one?

Here's a pic: (Both are .380 cal model P3AT)
photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=45910

-John

I would do a google search. From my understanding the older ones had some issues, I am not 100% sure on this though.

I am sure that someone can comfirm this though.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:49:23 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Erik

Kel-Tec charges about $75 for the chrome-plating replacement upper and they are on a 6-8 week backlog. I sent my P-11 slide to Jack Fuselier for his $25 nickel plating and he has a 3 week turnaround. His nickel plating is supposed to be more corrosion resistant than the factory finish. IMO, I don't think you need to get it refinished. It should be fine for a few years. I refinished mine only because I "carry beveled" the slide and couldn't repark it myself.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/symr00/Dscf0003.jpg

Wow, they've went up in price since I last looked...

However, it's been at least a year since I've visited www.ktog.org .

Erik
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top