Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/18/2006 1:33:28 PM EDT
Well where do I start.The magazine is hard to lock in place. It takes a real hard slam on the bottom to make it lock, just doesn't feel right.

I chambered the first round and squeezed the trigger, it fired but the bolt does not cycle. I manually chambered another round and pulled the trigger, nothing. I examined the round and there is a very small dimple on the primer but not enough to fire the round.

I tried using the forward assist, it didn't help. It is a DPMS lower with a GSE buffer tube. The recoil srpring is very stiff.

Any ideas? Thanks

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:36:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Best Idea I can come up with:

You better just ship this to me immediately and then forget about it. No use hanging on to it, I will take good care of it.. You really dont need the extra frustration in your life.

(0_o)
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:56:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Gas hole in the barrel and front site base lined up correctly ?

If they're not, or it's plugged somehow, that'd explain why it wouldn't cycle.  Beyond that, it's just an arf...  All the usual problems/solutions apply.  Check for burrs on everything. Make sure all the parts are assembled correctly, etc etc etc.....

Assuming you built it yourself, it might be worth your while to have a smith familiar with icky black guns, like the azex guys, etc to give it a lookover.  

I guess it's POSSIBLE the upper isn't right, and something was machined off center.  That might explain the magazine being so tight, or the bolt binding up as well....... Who knows.  Could be lotsa things.....  

Have you tried swapping the lower/upper onto other guns, just to see if they function correctly ?  Might at least narrow down your problem.

It's someplace to start, anyways....

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 11:16:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Did ya get it workin?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top