Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2006 10:19:40 AM EDT
One of the FFL's in the area lost two shotguns last night.  Here is a copy of his post on the other HTF.  The emphasis to the makes, models, and serial numbers in question is my own.

If you come across these shotguns, PLEASE either retain possession of them or bring them to your local police department.  You can reach him directly on the other board (there is an existing thread) or through me via email or IM.

Thanks,

Mike
[email protected]

Last night, 3-13-06, between 7:45PM and 8:12PM, I was driving between my house in Apache Junction to a friends house at Power and Superstition Springs to show him 2 shotguns. I placed the shotguns in the bed of my truck along with 2 other rifles and a hand truck. Upon arriving at his apartment complex I found the tailgate down, the box with the shotguns in it gone. The hand truck was still there and so were the rifles. I do not know if I forgot to close the tailgate or if I didnt close it properly and it opened and they slid out. I honestly do not know what happened. I dont give a f*** what anyone here thinks or wants to rant about or bitch at me for. So dont waste your breath. No one here could possibly understand how I feel right now. The only thing I am concerned with is that these shotguns fell into bad hands. I do NOT want to see ANYONE getting hurt because of the WORST mistake of my life. All I care about is finding them, if that is even possible. Anyone who knows me knows that I am speaking the truth. The shotguns were both Mossberg, Model 590, serial numbers as follows; R756575 and R756605. They have been reported as lost to; the ATF, Mesa PD, AJPD, and Pinal County sherriffs office. They were last in a Cardboard box approx. 4' long and 6" square, with a shipping label with my address and name on it. If anyone comes to you wanting to sell them, get them from them. I will reimburse you,let you KEEP the shotguns, PLUS GIVE you $100 just for knowing they are in GOOD hands. And they will be removed from the ATF's Stolen/Lost firearm database. Again, f*** YOU to everyone who just wants to bitch at me, as if I am not beating myself up enough about this already.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:14:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I didn't realize there was a lake in that area.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:45:50 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll keep an eye out---any info on the route he took? They're probably (unfortunately) in some speed freak's closet by now, but you never know....
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:08:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Damn, that SUCKS!  I'm forwarding this to everyone in the area I know.  If I get them, he can keep his money...  I just want them back where they belong.  

+1 on the route he took.  They could be laying on the side of the freeway, mistaken for trash for all we know.  Damn, I feel bad for the guy.  Tell him to stop beating himself up over it.  Shit happens sometimes, and there really is very little we can do about it.  Accidents happen, and it's not like he purposely threw them out the window.  

Guys, if anyone finds these, don't charge the man and don't accept his $100 reward.  We need to stick together in times like these.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:40:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you, guys.  The route he took was Ironwood south to the 60, 60 west to Ellsworth, Ellsworth south to Baseline, Baseline west to Power, and Power north to the 60.  (Side streets leading to and from private houses has been thoroughly searched.)

A few folks have already checked the routes with no success.  Hopefully the police have already found them (and are just moving slowly) or hopefully they'll turn up at a gun shop or at this weekend's mesa gun show.

Take care,

Mike
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:08:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Good luck, good buddy!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top