Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/8/2006 1:07:30 PM EDT
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060308/ap_on_re_us/border_troops

I know I'm not from Arizona, but here in Georgia we've had a MASSIVE flood of Illigal immigrants.  Is it really that bad in Arizona that the governor has to order more troops on the border?  Do you guys think it will actually make a difference?  I'm just curious what you guys "on the front lines" see and think.  Thanks beforehand for ya'lls' answers!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:20:55 PM EDT
[#1]
The order appears to be little more than a poliical move by our Dem governor to try to make the Rep legislature look bad since a bill was already in the works to do the same thing. Silly whore governor. Anyway, I would say the extra help is definitely needed. Arizona is the largest channel for imiigrants and drugs in the US. It needs to be slowed/stopped.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:44:40 PM EDT
[#2]
That bitches motives for everything is strictly political----she looks at illegal immigration strictly from a re-election soap box. If she wasn't governor, she would probably be filling the water drums for 'Humane Borders'.

and yes it is bad, very bad. We see the majority of them ALL, before they start heading in all the different directions, like to Ga. or elsewhere. The impact on the remote areas is UNBELIEVABLE----the damage they cause, garbage they leave and TOTAL disregard for OUR  mountains and desert is disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!
rant off
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:58:38 PM EDT
[#3]
There is a small wash one mile west of Arivaca, AZ that BP rounds up over 200 migrants per day...

The spot them with helos, go in on 3 man horse back teams and actually drive them to the road like cattle.  Load them in the horse trailer as a holding cell and process them into buses for the free sandwich and drinks.  They then get the 45 min ride back to the border...   Then the next day, BP catches them again. It is only about 11 miles from the border so they do this 3 or 4 times in a row and then get dehydrated enough they give up for a week...  And they they come again.

BP also tells me that they have caught the same guy 12 days in a row in this wash.

So is it bad?  There is 350 miles of border with Mexico and Arizona.  This wash is a hundred yard wide...  You do the math...

And I am thinking about buying 40 acres overlooking this wash... lol
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:11:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Cattledog-WOW, I can't believe that they are that brazen that they will try *12* times in a row.  It is amazing that the rest of the country just sleeps and has no idea how bad it really is down there.  I would highly recommend re-thinking buying any land around the border-although I'm sure the price must be pretty cheap!  I can't imagine having 200 or so people walk through my back yard every day.  If only 1 or 2 are criminally minded, can you imagine the destruction to property?!  

Have you guys ever thought about "retreating" and just going north or even east?  
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:46:26 PM EDT
[#5]
From what I can see and what BP tells me, damage to fences and litter are the big problems.  It seems that they lookouts will direct them around your property once they learn you are there and active in calling BP.  There are fences on this land but I don't care about them.  Litter is all down in the wash and I guess we will walk it once a month with garbage bags.  And I am betting BP will have 6 migrants walk the wash with garbage bags for me once a month as they need to keep an eye on traffic and litter / tracks are the best way to watch activity in this area.

And, we have Queensland Healers.  So once the dogs learn their territory, you are not coming in unless invited.

BP also tells me that they can get me a loaner radio and direct them in anytime...  BP is never more than 10mins away in this area.  On Arivaca Rd during the week BP outnumbers civilian traffic 10 to 1.

For the people that live out there (not many) they tell me that it is no big deal as the migrant just want to get to I-10 as then they are home free.  So they do as little to attract attention as possible.  They will come to your house for water once or twice a year if they are in trouble during the summer.  I just hope I don't see a stinker...
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:16:05 PM EDT
[#6]
It took me 8 years to find the piece of property in southern AZ that DOESN'T have that kind of crap going on. I was living in Graham Co. when the property search started, which was about the same time this EPIDEMIC was getting big, mid to late 90's----the #1 proirity was a place that sees no illegal traffic---pretty sad that your criteria has to start with those requirements.
Well, almost a year ago, I found my 38 acres of paradise (northern Cochise Co.), on the top of a mountain pretty much at the end of a terrible old 4x4 mining road. Illegal traffic would be climbing over several miles of ridges to get where i'm at, so they just stick to the flats----I can stare 40 miles into NM from where i'm at, and you can watch the BP helo's doing there work about 10 miles away down in the San Simon valley. Thats as close as I want to be--I like the thought that my cabin will be there every weekend, WITHOUT damage from these POS.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:07:47 PM EDT
[#7]
AZ Dave, I know the areas but due to the work do I can't live that far from an airport.

And PHX area is out of the question, and Yuma is too freaking hot and I hate the wind in Bullhead/Kingman... lol
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:12:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Apparently in Georgia, Spelling isn't much of a concern..

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:24:36 PM EDT
[#9]
There are two salemen.  One an experienced producer that has been with the company for 20 years and is a polished professional.  The second, a new kid with little education but a lot of guts and heart.

The company sells 2 million pairs of shoes per year...

Both turn in there month activity report:

Polished Professional has 5 pages of neatly type reports about how he has visited the companies largest accounts and bought them all lunch.

New Kid - Deer Bos, spent alot of mony going to India.  We dunt half any customers here.  Fud is good.  No one has shoes.  Met with a big boss and he ordered 10 milion pares of shuses.  See attacked order.

The message is more important than the presentation (read spelling).  Who cares if anyone has typos so long as you can understand the message.

By the way, I have presented the two senarios to middle managers in about 30 companies now.  80 percent choose the seasoned pro over the new kid.  It seems that they worry more about how their boss will perceive them than in results.  This is why I own my company.  Couldn't take the corp BS anymore.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:33:02 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Do you guys think it will actually make a difference?

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:48:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Screw that Idea..

If you live in America. Speak English. Damn well learn to spell. If you are going to complain about illegals. Try to at least set yourself apart from them. They have even invented this thing called Spellchecker. I can let the typical typo go as we all make them. Spelling something wrong where you are trying to make a point. Seems wrong.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:18:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Dan,

Man, I would hate to be as bitter as you are.  First off, this is a FORUM, where exchange of ideas is paramount and getting a different perspective on a problem of such magnitude as illegal immigration is intellectually stimulating.  I'm pretty shocked by your attitude to be honest.  In addition, I wasn't really bitching, just trying to see the whole picture by asking people to give me their first hand experience rather than what is reported in the news.  Thirdly, I'm pretty sure I have more education then you, live in a nicer house and have a bigger retirement account, however, I am not going to stoop to your level and start a pissing contest.  Your a sad sad man is all I have to say.  At least some of the gentlemen in Arizona are just that.  You Sir, are just *PLAIN* *PLANE* trash.   In conclusion, excuse the misspellings...please.

To the Rest of the Arizona Crew,
If the rest of you gentlemen could please continue to give me your first hand knowledge of the situation over there I'd still appreciate it!  Thanks again for the excellent responses so far.   *Pops open a can of frothy Diet Mountain Dew*

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:42:02 PM EDT
[#13]
easy now...
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:06:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Everyone has a right to their opinion.  Too bad you are just afraid of mine..

Go hide in your fancy house, with your huge 401k.. It makes no difference to me. I stand by my point of view. In reality and on here. You cannot shake me, and you certainly cannot silence me.

Thank me though for allowing you your moment to boost your own ego..

I guess some people need it..

I am fine with myself..

Dan
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:51:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Dan,

That's funny that you mentioned giving someone a chance to "boost their ego".  Flaming someone that's been a member here for 1.5 years or so longer then you for a simple spelling mistake must have boosted your little ego a bit also.  Anways, look no hard feelings.  I just came here to ask a simple question and I think I've gotten some great responses so far and managed to see a little bit behind the media smoke screen.  That is what we are all here to do I hope; learn from each other and not try to boost our internet egos through non-productive pissing contests.  Anywas, the Arizona crew has proven themselves to be an interesting bunch and gentlemen to the first degree.  Good luck guys and hope ya'll get a governor that is more serious about the illegal immigration epidemic.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:19:26 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Screw that Idea..

If you live in America. Speak English. Damn well learn to spell. If you are going to complain about illegals. Try to at least set yourself apart from them. They have even invented this thing called Spellchecker. I can let the typical typo go as we all make them. Spelling something wrong where you are trying to make a point. Seems wrong.

If and only if we were going to get pissy, we could comment on the improper usage of a period instead of commas...   There is no word in the English language such as "spellchecker".  It is actually two words or a combined brand name and in that case both combined words should be capitalized.

"If you live in America." This is not a complete sentence.
"Damn well learn to spell." This is also not a complete sentence.
"Spelling something wrong where you are trying to make a point." Again, not a complete sentence.
"Seems wrong."  A proper phrase in dialog, but as written, not a complete sentence...

Incorrect usage of paragraph indent...

There should be a new paragraph from the sentence "I can let the typical typo".

"Idea" should not be capitalized...

And it is early and I am feeling a little pissy... lol   Liten up dude, you mean well as doo the rest of us.   And I am sure my mother the college level theme reader could find more to coach you one, but hey, I hate red ink...  And yes there are some mistakes in my crap, but who cares. lol
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:58:25 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Screw that Idea..

If and only if we were going to get pissy, we could comment on the improper usage of a period instead of commas...   There is no word in the English language such as "spellchecker".  It is actually two words or a combined brand name and in that case both combined words should be capitalized.

"If you live in America." This is not a complete sentence.
"Damn well learn to spell." This is also not a complete sentence.
"Spelling something wrong where you are trying to make a point." Again, not a complete sentence.
"Seems wrong."  A proper phrase in dialog, but as written, not a complete sentence...

Incorrect usage of paragraph indent...

There should be a new paragraph from the sentence "I can let the typical typo".

"Idea" should not be capitalized...

And it is early and I am feeling a little pissy... lol   Liten up dude, you mean well as doo the rest of us.   And I am sure my mother the college level theme reader could find more to coach you one, but hey, I hate red ink...  And yes there are some mistakes in my crap, but who cares. lol

LOL--I was thinking the same thing.....he certainly made sure he "spelled" everything correct, but couldn't  form a proper sentence/paragraph FOR SHIT! I've always gotten a kick out of the grammar Nazi's around here that correct everone elses grammar with incorrect grammar
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:50:53 AM EDT
[#18]
There are reasons that I write in the fashion that I do. People reading off of monitors read differently than those that read from books. The way things are fashioned are done on purpose....

At least I can spell correctly, and as sentence structure goes... I know the right and wrong ways, I just choose my ways on here to add impact.

Maybe I come off a bit hard on people....

Nah... Fuck 'em.

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:29:12 AM EDT
[#19]
lol... ok, you win....

now what were we talking about???

Oh ya...   I just got off the phone with JD Ayers a local Arivaca back hoe operator.  I haven't met him yet but he told me a 30 mins story about how Mexican "CIA or Military" landed a helo near him fully armed (in US territory) and he thinks they wanted the fuel delivery truck that was near by for drug running.

It was quite a story and he reported it to US Federal Marshalls and the Border  Patrol...  BP issued a statement that says there are conflicting reports.  But as far as he can tell, he is the only report as the fuel driver won't say anything.

Hard to verify, but interesting none the less....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top