Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2006 1:42:35 PM EDT
For anyone that lives in Chandler. The election is fast approaching. While I have really never been big on local elections, I would like to briefly tell you my thoughts on the mayor's race.

Chandler is progressing quite nicely. The city has come a long way and I'm actually proud to live here. I really don't think either of the candidates who are running for mayor will change or improve on that.

But this year I am supporting city councilman Phill Westbrooks' campaign for mayor. Why him and not the incombant you may ask? Simple, I know Phill personally and he has on many occasions asked me if I would be willing to take him out shooting! (Hopefully he is a better shot than our vice-president  )

As many of you know, Chandler is the only east valley city where the CLEO still signs Form 4's, and with a mayor who respects shooters rights and wants to go out shooting with us, that should remain.

So if you planned on voting this year, please keep that in mind. And if you weren't planning on voting, I respectfully ask you to go out and at the very least back a man who supports our right to shoot.

azski
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:37:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for that.

I live in Chandler and sometimes watch the City Council meetings on the local cable access channel (I know, I need to get a life!).  I've always gotten a positive feeling about Westbrooks and was inclined to vote for him.  Your info cinches it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top