Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2006 8:03:42 AM EDT
After a long conversation in the tech forum, I now know what is wrong with my AK - my fucking feed ramp, of all things.  Sigh.

I don't have the tools or the knowledge to press out the barrel and re-align and re-rivet all the shit involved with replacing the ramp (yeah, it's a rivet kit).  Because of how bad my leg was, I've had this damn thing for a year now and never knew there was a problem.  So I am not going to hold the builder responsible or ask them to fix it.  That wouldn't be fair to the builder, kind of like buying something and then putting many thousands of rounds through it and a year later telling them to fix it.  Not cool in my book.

So, I need some help.

I need someone with the tools and knowledge to separate the trunion from the receiver, press off the barrel, and then remove the feed ramp.  Then I need the whole kit and kaboodle put back together, of course.  I'll do the work, but likeI said, I don't know how and I can't afford the tools.  Can anyone spare the tools and a few hours if I bring the beer and pay you what I can?  

I know it won't be what the work is worth, but I think I can manage $25, lunch, and a case of beer if anyone can help a brotha out.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:24:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I guess its just too hard to ask your bestest friend in the whole world...........
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:37:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I didn't think you had the tools, bro!  You do?

I found a new ramp and rivet for $13 bucks, so it should be here sometime this upcoming week.  Call me, bro.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:12:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Richard,
Since I was a jerk to you I'll help you out by taking that foreign POS off your hands.  I know this is too much for you to ask of me but it's the least that I could do for you.  Let me know when you want me to pick it up.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:20:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Richard,
Since I was a jerk to you I'll help you out by taking that foreign POS off your hands.  I know this is too much for you to ask of me but it's the least that I could do for you.  Let me know when you want me to pick it up.

When were you a jerk to me?

And I do appreciate the sacrifice, but I could never so dishonor a man like you with my burdens!  No, sir, it would not be right!  I guess I am stuck with her.

HOWEVER!

Camy still needs a place to stay away from here.  Now, any REAL friend that wanted to make ammends would take Camy!  And if you REALLY wanted to apologize, you'd take her kids, too!

Your reputation depends on it sir!  

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:34:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Kids? What Kids? is the AK her kids? If it is I'll take her
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:00:57 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Kids? What Kids? is the AK her kids? If it is I'll take her

Take her and the kids, and I'll throw in the AK, 1,000 rounds, 2 zip loc freezer bags, a broken fishing pole, and a stapler.  Oh, and a bottle of JD, which you WILL need!  

I'm still trying to remember when you were rude to me - shows how seriously I take the Internet, eh?  If you were at on time, it's forgotten and I'm sure I gave you a reason to be.  Shit happens, especially in text, and it makes no never mind to me.  I piss a lot of people off and a lot of people piss me off, but life is just too damn short to concentrate on being upset.

Now, can you fix this piece of shit (Um, the AK, not Camy lol) or not?  And if so, how much bro?

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:45:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry, I don't know crap about AK's except how to shoot them
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top