Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2006 11:27:52 AM EDT
I need relevant info about establishing residency here while still owning property in California!!
I live in Arizona now, but the Dept. of Trans. wants me to give them my Cali DL. I still need it, however!

If I apply, in the mean time, for an ID card can I still purchase AZ weapons??
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:27:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I would just turn it in, get a DL in AZ... The next time you are in Cali, go get a replacement.  Infact I don't think they actually keep the license, they just punch a hole in it and return it to you.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:39:21 PM EDT
[#2]
If you live in AZ, why do you still need your CA DL?  I started my move to AZ before I was out of CA and there wasn't any problem with getting an AZ DL once I had my residence here.  If you claim dual residency, you'll want to talk to your accountant about the tax implications.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:13:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If you live in AZ, why do you still need your CA DL?  I started my move to AZ before I was out of CA and there wasn't any problem with getting an AZ DL once I had my residence here.  If you claim dual residency, you'll want to talk to your accountant about the tax implications.

Ah, f%*k it!! The hell with California!! I goin' to get me an AZ DL tomaro!! Tired waitin', I want my AK and AR stat.

The only good thing about CA is DrFrige and his family.

LET'S GET THAT MAN AND HIS FAMILY TO MOVE TO AZ PRONTO!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:42:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Now you get it.  

I tried to get my AZ DL before I moved here (I already had my CCW).  They wouldn't give it to me until I actually had bought the house, so I had to wait a couple more weeks.  CA has nothing for you anymore, liberate yourself from the dark side.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:50:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Report it loss to CA DMV and pay your $23 bucks or so then take the pic and wait till you get your new one and then take the old one to AZ for turning in.  KEEP IN MIND GUYS THAT THIS IS ALL IN THEORY.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:41:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Now you get it.  

I tried to get my AZ DL before I moved here (I already had my CCW).  They wouldn't give it to me until I actually had bought the house, so I had to wait a couple more weeks.  CA has nothing for you anymore, liberate yourself from the dark side.

Just liberated myself at the DOT yesterday!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top