Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/14/2006 10:58:18 AM EDT
Hello all,

I am relatively new to Arizona(been here a week). I found out that I work literally across the street from SGC, I've been in there everyday on my lunch break.

Decided to sign up for a membership since I thought they gave me a good deal. The guy waved the $100 initiation fee and just had me pay for the end of the month...then after that it is $29.95 a month. I figured it was a decent deal since shooting twice a month will pay for itself.

I've shot three times already so I guess I am ahead of the game.

Also, I have read that some people havent had that great of an experience there and consider them snobs. I've been treated like GOLD everyday I've been in there...in fact most of the time I've felt that when you go into a place more than 3 times a week the guys that work there generally get sick of you.....not here.

I purchased a new Glock 30 yesterday. I was able to get a box of .45 TAP ammo discounted since I paid in cash, the guy took time to show me nearly every CCW sized Glock before I made my decision.

I'm going to sign up for my CCW I think in the next week or so. The class is $79 for members and is done all in one day from 8-5.

Is this place regarded is being a good teacher for those who want to acquire their CCW. I would like to get the best training for the money.

Sorry for the long post.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:03:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Where did you come here from, Mang?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 2:39:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I have been up there twice now, and also have been treated well. The only downside was after the gun show, got free rental for any fully auto and the MP5 kept jamming. The UMP is AOK, but still prefer the MP5. Past that both trips out there have been great. Friendly knowledgeable staff.

Dan
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:03:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Their CCW instructors when I took the class were top notch.  I'd highly recommend their class.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 2:59:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I have had only good experiences with SGC.  I was there yesterday and walked through thier new shoot house.  It's pretty slick, I was LEO firearms instructor in a past life and wished we had something like that for the officers.  It's got movable walls with tracks they can build it to your floor plan, stairwells, roof entry and door breaching.  Of course, all of that comes for price.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:21:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Being self-employed, I don't always shave or look like I'm about to walk into a staff meeting.  Scruffy comes damn close!  SCG has never pulled the "you don't look like you should be shopping here" routine like you get at Dillards, Macy, etc.  Great place!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:43:30 PM EDT
[#6]
In My opinion SGC is the Funnest Place on Earth! Great Staff, cool guns for sale or rent and it's the Largest Gun Club in the United states. Add to that the fact you can rent full auto guns and if you really want to, rent their Hummer with a 50 CAL mount for a desert drive.

You won't find a better place in AZ for Firearms training and shooting. Sorta like Disneyland with bullets...

Hope this helps.

LUCSYS
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:48:03 AM EDT
[#7]
SGC did my transfer paperwork for a full auto UZI I bought  from out-of-state. They were completely professional, knowledgeable, and made the process very easy.  Also, a buddy of mine and I did their 10-gun Machine Gun Adventure package, and that was an absolute blast !

While they might be a little pricey, they are no doubt a first class organization.

IMHO, YMMV.

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:08:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

He's from up North.  OHIO
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:26:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He's from up North.  OHIO

Yep, born and raised in Cleveland, Ohio.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top