Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2006 3:11:47 PM EDT
Just saw this on "active topics".

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=33&t=148990
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:47:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't count on it.   ASA has more lives than a mangy alley cat.

I suggest we have a group "hate in" where we all focus our negative vibes upon the hideous sham that is ASA.

Hmmm....I have a feeling that the New Age thing is NOT for me.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:55:01 PM EDT
[#2]
ASA's web site goes to google.

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:14:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I know the Bob is not liked, but I have an ASA and not one single issue with it. In fact Brad upgraded me from an A2 upper to an A3 flat top for $40. He also switched out my Car-15 4-position stock with a M4 6-position for free.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:21:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I know the Bob is not liked, but I have an ASA and not one single issue with it. In fact Brad upgraded me from an A2 upper to an A3 flat top for $40. He also switched out my Car-15 4-position stock with a M4 6-position for free.

YOU are lucky.  Brad went out of his way to really help ASA...but at what expense?  Where is he now?  Does he get paid worth a damn?  I hope so.  How much CRAP has ASA cost the Arizona shooting community???  How much CRAP did that PIG that owns ASA dish out to average gun owners?  How much JUNK did ASA shovel out of their doors for years on end?

Brad has seemed to be one hell of a decent guy....it does NOT change the past X number of years that ASA has been a thorn in the side of the AR community.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:15:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Did anyone confirm whether or not Brad was involved with anything ATF related?  I hope not...  He seemed like a helluva nice guy who really went out of his way to take the ASA name out of the crapper - from what I have read here, anyway.  I've never dealt with ASA, just read the comments here.  But not returning customers' inquiries doesn't look too good.  
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:00:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Well, you all probably know I despise Bob.  I met Brad once at Ben Avery.  He seemed like a nice guy but I don't really know anything more than that about him.

While I might have some compassion for any employees working at ASA that get hurt if they go bust, I have zero pity for Bob.  The man needs to do the world a favor and stop stealing oxygen.

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:05:19 AM EDT
[#7]
I talked to Brad once about their bad rep. He admitted that Bob was horrible with customer service and that Brad was trying to mend the image. I was looking for my AR before I knew the bad press. But my experience was better than fine there so ASA is OK in my book. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

I have plans to buy a new upper, maybe a varminter or other 20" flatop with a bipod to turn into a tack-driver. Ameetec may get my money this time if ASA is out of business or Brad is gone.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:26:11 PM EDT
[#8]
After reading that thread about lowers, the whole damn thing just reeked of fraud.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:08:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:27:02 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Did anyone confirm whether or not Brad was involved with anything ATF related?  I hope not...  He seemed like a helluva nice guy who really went out of his way to take the ASA name out of the crapper - from what I have read here, anyway.  I've never dealt with ASA, just read the comments here.  But not returning customers' inquiries doesn't look too good.  

What is this about the ATF, and ASA?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:18:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Ive heard alot fo crap about bob.  enuff to believe it.  Im also hearing not so good stuff about Brad.  Turns out he worked for SGC and told everyone he was CIA.  When he was called on it, he freaked and quit, claiming they fucked him.  Suppossedly he has also told others that he was with some PD and racked up a bunch of kills.  People say that he is full of it.  Look on the ASA ind. partner thread.  there is some attacks on him.  it sounds like he was really trying to fix asa but got caught giving away all of bob's stuff to bolster customer appreciation of him.  i hear two things.  not sure what is true ,,,,,,but i usually am cautious when a bunch of people claim fraud vs a guy.  especially when you look at the A1 lower deal.  it looked like he was really trying or is trying to fuck over bob AND ALOT OF OTHER PEOPLE.............................this is too scary for me to even look at bob or brad for buying anything.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:21:44 PM EDT
[#12]
I used to work for bob and with brad.   all the rumors are true in my opinion.(Especially with Brad)  Watch out for him.  deal with them at your own risk.  

SDG
Brian Strum
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:32:38 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I used to work for bob and with brad.   all the rumors are true in my opinion.(Especially with Brad)  Watch out for him.  deal with them at your own risk.  

SDG
Brian Strum

PLEASE TELL  SOME MORE  THANKS !
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:24:08 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
.......Im also hearing not so good stuff about Brad.  Turns out he worked for SGC..........

Who is SGC? Star Gate Command?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:23:58 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What is this about the ATF, and ASA?

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=33&t=148990
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:03:53 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Who is SGC?

Scottsdale Gun Club
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:02:53 PM EDT
[#17]
No word on ATF issues!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:33:36 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who is SGC?

Scottsdale Gun Club

which, according to some, is a FRONT for StarGate Command.....

maybe Brad got called up for Space Shuttle Door Gunner Duty.......

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:54:26 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who is SGC?

Scottsdale Gun Club

Whooo Hooo.

Looks ill take my PS90 down there and join the team.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:53:57 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who is SGC?

Scottsdale Gun Club

Whooo Hooo.

Looks ill take my PS90 down there and join the team.

.....or maybe the AirSoft kids kicked his ass again and he's hiding the the bruises fade.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:07:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Been awhile since I've been on the board....lot of stuff going on

1.) I'm no longer with ASA...I left at the end of Dec of my own accord
2.) Nothing happened with the ATF or any law enforcement agency.
3.) No I don't work for the CIA.
4.) I did my best to repair, replace and fix anyone’s rifle that was returned to ASA as promised

I left ASA because I was done with the negativity associated with the company and constantly trying to fight to keep the company alive when the owner (Bob) wasn't really interested.

After I left ASA I got the nasty Flu that was going around and I’ve been out of commission for the last several weeks.

I also reformed my old Company TACTICS, LLC and we’re just waiting for our 1, 6 and 7 licenses to be approve so we can start selling our own line of AR15s.

As far as the A1 lowers are concerned the are in limbo at this point....don't know who will broker them at this time.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:09:50 AM EDT
[#22]
just to avoid mockery, please refrain from labeling your AR rifles as "X-TREME!" or "TACTICAL!" or any of that crap, please?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:13:26 AM EDT
[#23]
I think most folks here were amazed you were able to stay as positive as you did in what had to be a shitty situation.   The fact you kept a lot of customers happy with a bad owner backing you up tells me you should have a good shot at being successful out on your own.  

Best of luck,

Pete
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:09:45 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

4.) I did my best to repair, replace and fix anyone’s rifle that was returned to ASA as promised

I left ASA because I was done with the negativity associated with the company and constantly trying to fight to keep the company alive when the owner (Bob) wasn't really interested.

After I left ASA I got the nasty Flu that was going around and I’ve been out of commission for the last several weeks.

I also reformed my old Company TACTICS, LLC and we’re just waiting for our 1, 6 and 7 licenses to be approve so we can start selling our own line of AR15s.

As far as the A1 lowers are concerned the are in limbo at this point....don't know who will broker them at this time.

Will you be doing custom rifles?  If so, I have a request and request a PM.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:10:55 PM EDT
[#25]
richardh247, you should talk to Scott orver at Ameetec if you have something custom in mind.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:42:46 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
richardh247, you should talk to Scott orver at Ameetec if you have something custom in mind.

Will do.  Does he have an account here, or will my mail make any AMEETC response?

How's that yard going man?  
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:52:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Richard, here's Scott's screen name.
Jim-jwrig
PS - Scotty's a good guy.

scottmilk9
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:32:01 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Which is JUST what they TEACH you to say.... :)
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:20:28 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

So whats upwith ASA?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:42:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:55:14 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Richard  you can pm me on here or arizonashooting with the same name.  there are lots of options.  Pm me for details.

Yes richard do that, as Scott and Warren are stand up guys.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:07:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Your reputation precedes you, Scott.

PM sent.  But, just in case, I know the rifle I want, and will be buying from you.  What I need to know now is whether you can do custom engraving with a formatted design.  I'm lookin for a run of 3...  One for me, and two for friends as a gift (both can pass, and have passed, a 4473 and will forward their info yo you at my request for verification).  I'm just paying the bill and will NOT be selling the other 2.  

It's just a crest and depiction I want engraved into the lower, and I want custom SNs.  

Can you do that?  If so, answer my PM and I'll give you the specifics for everything, and will be ordering them next month or so.  

Thank you, sir.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:33:41 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Will do.  Does he have an account here, or will my mail make any AMEETC response?

First question already answered...

My yard is still the same. I've been meaning to get back to you about the electrical work we talked about, but my job has me all over the place... literally. Tomorrow I leave for 2 weeks and will be in Africa for 5 days (Zambia, along the border w/ Congo , and South Africa), followed by 4 days in Australia. I did the math -- 9 flights, 57 hours in the air ,and over a span of 13 days. And that doesn't count layovers. Yuck.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:39:35 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

First question already answered...

My yard is still the same. I've been meaning to get back to you about the electrical work we talked about, but my job has me all over the place... literally. Tomorrow I leave for 2 weeks and will be in Africa for 5 days (Zambia, along the border w/ Congo , and South Africa), followed by 4 days in Australia. I did the math -- 9 flights, 57 hours in the air ,and over a span of 13 days. And that doesn't count layovers. Yuck.

Holy crap bro!  

Well, I remain at your disposal sir.  Just be safe and come home safe.  Everything else is semantics.

I will tell you that thanks to you I now have an addiction to reloading.  Dickhead.  

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:38:38 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

I will tell you that thanks to you I now have an addiction to reloading.  Dickhead.  

LOL.... it's not a real addiction until you have a separate press for each caliber you reload.

I'm off to the airport. Back in 2 weeks...
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:41:48 AM EDT
[#36]
MP5 guy

DAYUM.  I hate travel.  Love being new places but the travel sucks.  I get on a jet tonight to Bangkok.  Total travel time including layovers and travel too/from airports is about 28 hours.

I feel tired just thinking about it.  I can't imagine the schedule you just posted.  Someone would have to be paying me a lot of money to do that.

Stay safe.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:47:06 AM EDT
[#37]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top