Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2006 2:47:46 PM EDT
Anybody got a Texturing setup I could borrow/rent?

There are some pretty funked up HIPPY texture areas in my new house that need to be FIXED.

I'm gonna sand them smooth and re texture.

BUT.... I don't have a compressor or texture gun and I am short funds.

This won't be till like Feb.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:50:38 PM EDT
[#1]
if they aren't real large areas just a large paint brush and drywall mud works great. Dip the brush in it and hold it upside down and pull back on the brushes letting the mud spatter on the walls... let the mud set up some and run a wide mud knife to knock it down. Does a good job of touch ups.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:21:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmmm. Some websites said to use a really knappy roller and joint compound watered down and a flat 8 inch wide KNIFE to knock it down, but this is like 4 walls! The whole kitchen and laundry area and some of the living room.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:19:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Where are you at?  I'm in Phoenix, and I have a hopper gun and compressor and sheetrock tools you're welcome to borrow for free, as long as I have your word they are returned clean and in the same condition you got them.  And that you don't dump my compressor on its side

Shoot me a PM and I'll give you my number, then call me a week before you need it and it'll be available for you.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top