Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2006 5:32:08 PM EDT
I had an absolute blast shooting there today.
If you live in the area I would reccomend them.

I was a bit windy, kinda wished i would have had something bigger than a vARm15 gun, like a .308 :D
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:35:42 PM EDT
[#1]
you know you arent supposed to shoot anything under .243 diameter at the knockdown shilouettes right?
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:36:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I was only shooting the fixed stuff, the guy at the end was knockin' down the pigs :) I would have ,but he went through all teh truoble of setting them up.

A 5.56 won't penatrate em any ways. shatters on impact.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:25:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I was only shooting the fixed stuff, the guy at the end was knockin' down the pigs :) I would have ,but he went through all teh truoble of setting them up.

It won't penetrate, but it's still the range rules
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:29:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Where you the guy in the middle with the AR with I think 2 uppers. I was shooting prone with an AR10, and a few bolt guns.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:45:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

The silhouettes they leave out are fairly soft steel.  .223 craters them pretty badly.  Hell, my 6.5x55 Swede craters them pretty badly.  The competition targets are armor plate, and I believe they keep those locked up in the stat house except for sanctioned matches.

Did you try thumping the 500m gong?  That's a rush.

TRC is a great range.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:00:14 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Where you the guy in the middle with the AR with I think 2 uppers. I was shooting prone with an AR10, and a few bolt guns.

Yup that was me :)

KBaker, yeah i hit it a few times, it was windy as hell for my AR, shouda had a .308 hinkMaybe if it aint to windy I'll go back out tomorrow
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:12:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I heard you hitting steel quite a bit still. I was shooting at the steel man target at 500. holding a head shot was pretty hard in that wind. Figured the 223 guys would be getting pushed about 25 inches off target out there
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:05:30 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I heard you hitting steel quite a bit still. I was shooting at the steel man target at 500. holding a head shot was pretty hard in that wind. Figured the 223 guys would be getting pushed about 25 inches off target out there

Yeah, the wind was pushing me about 18"-24" right. I still hit that big sheep/goat or whateverit was.
I didnt see the man out there, will look in about an hour, going back out now.

If anyone sees my big, 2 tone green truck, I'll be the guy with the SS 20" AR and 16" 2nd upper, come say hello.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:03:06 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
you know you arent supposed to shoot anything under .243 diameter at the knockdown shilouettes right?

Ha ha, the other day I shot one of the knock down pigs with 223, and the bastard spun around. Knocked it down with the next one, but it was a funny moment. Usually use 308, but there is something fun about banging the gong and such all you want, and the shoulder never complains.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:32:52 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll be out there tomorrow!  I have a tube gun I want to try out!  I have a black Chevy Cavalier.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:02:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Dave where are you planning on shooting? The 1000 will be in use as well as the 500 steel range. Figure the 1000 will  free up around 11 am and the steel range around 2 pm. Not sure if I'll do tree points or dial ins at the fairgrounds range.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top