Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/22/2005 2:29:18 PM EDT
Slash K Guns will be doing the NRA Metallic Cartridge Reloading Class on February 18th and 19th.

Cost is $100.00, for registration before February 11th, $125 afterwards. The course will cover all the basics of reloading metallic cartridges. This is a great course for beginners or those who just want to refresh their skills.

The class will be given at Slash K Guns in Tucson, 3156 E. Ajo Way.

Any questions, please post here, PM me or give us a call at (520) 747-1521 during our business hours (Thursday, Friday and Saturday, 0900hrs to 1800hrs).
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:32:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Metallic cartridge reloading?  

Um, I'm showing my ignorance here, but I didn't know you could reload metallic cartriges.

We are talking like Wolf ammo here, right?  If not, what?  

I'm heading down to Tucson, so maybe you could clue me in on exactly what this class is all about?  Why would a guy want to reload metal cases?  Any info-type links?  

Thanks, and sorry for all the stupid questions.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:01:44 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Um, I'm showing my ignorance here, but I didn't know you could reload metallic cartriges.

I'm heading down to Tucson, so maybe you could clue me in on exactly what this class is all about?  Why would a guy want to reload metal cases?  Any info-type links?  

brass is a type of metal last I checked.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:37:50 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

OK, then why all the long-winded description?  It's just reloading.

Last time I checked, all cartridges contained some kind of metal - especially ones that can be reloaded
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:11:26 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

OK, then why all the long-winded description?  It's just reloading.

Last time I checked, all cartridges contained some kind of metal - especially ones that can be reloaded

the other reloading class they offer is shotshell.  they are significantly different, so there needs to be two names.

It will cover reloading rifle and pistol cartridges, including working up a load, how to read reloading data, internal and external ballistics and how to choose a press.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:23:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Just take a drive up to Scottsdale and visit Dillon Reloading. They will teach you everything for FREE!!! They have all their presses set up right in the show room.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:28:21 AM EDT
[#6]
I didn't think about shotshells.  Thank you for the clarification.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:40:57 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Just take a drive up to Scottsdale and visit Dillon Reloading. They will teach you everything for FREE!!! They have all their presses set up right in the show room.

somehow I doubt that they actually let you reload ammo and teach you everything in detail in their showroom
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 10:06:15 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

somehow I doubt that they actually let you reload ammo and teach you everything in detail in their showroom

that and they don't teach you anything about a rock chucker, lee presses, lyman, etc.  they'll only show you how to use a dillon.  and try to sell you a dillon.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:53:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Bump
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top