Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/1/2005 10:37:54 AM EDT

Does anyone know of a dealer with reasonably priced 308 surplus in the metro?  Lonewold is running at 40 bucks a 140rd battlepack and the only other supplier I've seen is the SGC and their prices are about the same.

Or is my best luck heading to the gun show Saturday and hoping I find a vendor?
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 10:40:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Murphy's has some of the Battle Pack for about $30ish, I think.
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 10:50:36 AM EDT
[#2]
which valley?  oro valley?  green valley?
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 7:26:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Dont ask me if its reasonable because I dont remember the price, but Scottsdale Gun Club has surplus .308.  Even the battlepacks.  You cna always try to talk them down.
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 7:46:32 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Does anyone know of a dealer with reasonably priced 308 surplus in the metro?  Lonewold is running at 40 bucks a 140rd battlepack and the only other supplier I've seen is the SGC and their prices are about the same.

Or is my best luck heading to the gun show Saturday and hoping I find a vendor?

I saw several people selling surplus .308 at the show -- there was South African, Indian, XM80, and even a little Portuguese. Mostly reasonably priced. I guess you have to balance that against the cost of admission and dealing with the crowds.
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 10:01:06 AM EDT
[#5]
IM sent, Cleatus!
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 5:50:04 AM EDT
[#6]
.....Cleatus?

IM sent.  I'm interested.

I did find some decent deals on SA .308 battlepacks at the show.  Although I should have been smart enough to buy 4 of them at the END of my time at the show instead of the beginning.  Damn that stuff adds up when you're carrying it on your back.  

Link Posted: 12/5/2005 6:23:32 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
.....Cleatus?

IM sent.  I'm interested.

I did find some decent deals on SA .308 battlepacks at the show.  Although I should have been smart enough to buy 4 of them at the END of my time at the show instead of the beginning.  Damn that stuff adds up when you're carrying it on your back.  

How much was it at the show.  Local shop here wants $36 per battle pack or $240 for something like 980 rounds.
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 6:49:25 AM EDT
[#8]
They had SA 80' battlepacks for 22.50.

Otherwise I thought the selection at the show was pretty thin.  There was some overpriced Israeli and some Argie, but most was going for 2x what the SA was.  

I saw SGC had lake city new ammo for 225 per 800.  Seems a bit steap for ammo they won't let you shoot at their own range. :P
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:10:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Markm -

Thanks for the great deal and the chat today.  Always nice to get to meet another AR15.comer in person.  (And I was right, my wife did roll her eyes when I walked in with another box o'ammo for a gun I don't own quite yet....)

- Pete

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:27:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Did you decent coffee fix?

Shoot me an IM a few days before you hit the next Rio Salado Match!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top