Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/8/2005 12:47:07 PM EDT
I'm running for Constable in JP5. pretty much everything east of Kolb with the exception of Sabino Canyon. I need signitures on petitions. I went out today to some of the polling places, but it was so slow I finally called it a day. I could really use some help. I need signitures from either Republicans who live in JP5 or NOPs (no official party) who live in JP5. Each petition has 15 sig spaces. If anyone wants to help or just sign my petition I'd really appreciate it. I have about 115 sigs and need another 900. The good news is I have until next Aug to get them. Please email me if you want to help or sign. I work near Kolb and Valencia and live near Catalina Hwy and Houghton. So if your anywhere near these locations you can email me and we can meet up. I spend a lot of time at Desert Trails and there are petitions there if you ask. Needless to say I'm very pro RKBA and am a class 3 dealer. If you do a google on Pima County Constables Office there is a pretty good job description if your interested.

Thanks in advance!

Edited that Rick has some petitions at the range.
Link Posted: 11/15/2005 6:17:21 AM EDT
[#1]

<crickets>
Link Posted: 11/15/2005 1:56:49 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Edited that Rick has some petitions at the range.

I'll autograph it there.
Link Posted: 11/15/2005 2:42:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks! My buddy in JP1 won by 32 votes. I need all the support I can get.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 8:56:53 AM EDT
[#4]
OK, so far no one has signed the petition at the range. If your goiing to the gun show this weekend, a young lady named Megan will be getting signatures for me. C'mon guys I could use some ARFCOM love here.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 3:29:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Larry,

Is it a position that is funded through the county budget, or is it one where you get paid fees from the court?

If it's funded through the county budget, it's a good position.
If it's fee based, run away, unless putting your own money into the job is O.K.

There hasn't been a single constable in Yavapai who worked the fee only areas (Verde and Prescott Justice Court Constables are the only 2 county funded), and made it more that a year before they realized they were putting more of their own money into the job than they were getting back, and just gave up.

Jay
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 3:45:08 PM EDT
[#6]
How far East? Out to Vail? I'm on the West side, but I know some people around there.

Also I'd love to help out, sead me an IM.

I'll stop by the range and pick up a sheet to have signed by the locals.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 5:54:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I would love to help but I am on the South West side good luck.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 5:14:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Jay, it's a county paid job. If you get ellected twice and serve 8 years your vested. It's a pretty good gig.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 5:54:27 AM EDT
[#9]
County funded:
Excellent.

I told the Prescott Constable to tell me when he's not running, and I will.

I'll say this:
Being a Constable, or working "Civil" in the Sheriff's Office will test one's "Humanity".

Jay
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 5:59:01 AM EDT
[#10]
I know. I've gone on about 20 ride alongs this year with my buddy who won last year. All I can say is that none of the evictions we did made me feel bad. All tweakers, crack heads and others of the same ilk. Not one hard on their luck case. The most interesting was a bimbo lady cop who had her cop boyfriend (probably married) there to see if he could get her more time. It didn't work.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 9:41:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Guys, the gun show went well. I think Larry's on the winning path. I can't wait to say “Constable Larry”. Wait one sec……..”Constable Jon” has a nice ring to it. Maybe I should run on the west side of town?
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 6:23:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Signed the petition for you at the gunshow. Speculative rumor is that you might be able to sigh off on a specific type of form as executive leo in area...sure hope that can be interpreted as true.

Good luck, GilaMonster
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 2:44:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks! I'm not sure about the CLEO signoff, it's kind of a gray area. I really appreciate the signature. I need about a thousand and thanks to ARFCOMers and other shooters I'm a 3rd of the way there!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:06:59 AM EDT
[#14]
bump. Hey folks, I'm about half way to my goal of 1000 signatures. I could really use all the help I can get. Please IM or email me if you are either registered as a Rep or NOP and live in justice precinct 5. If you don't know your justice precinct go here and put your address in. That will tell you your polling place and the justice precinct you live in.  I have petitions at Desert Trails on Valencia, at my office on S. Wilmot and Valencia and at home near Catalina Hwy and Houghton. Please sign if you can so I can get on the ballot.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:17:40 PM EDT
[#15]
I got some more signatures for you. My wife and kid are going out of town for the couple of weeks so I was planning to hit the grocery stores and strip malls on the east side the next couple of weekends to get signatures.

You have any locations to recommend?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:14:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks! I've been hitting the Basha's on Houghton Mon, Wed and Friday. Haven't been ab;e to do weekends because of family stuff. There is another gun show in Feb I think, but really anything in the precenct is good as long as they let you gather. Safeway and Fry's have said they don't allow petitions. Too bad because Rita Ranch is a great area. Solidly Republican and in JP5.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 12:56:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Good luck. I would sign but I am on base sorry. Mabe I can do a ride along...hehe
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top