Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2005 9:20:56 PM EDT
I have been a member of this medium size shooting club since they went private about 5 years ago.  Now Max Wilson, Maricopa County Supervisor (District 4 - Suprise) has alleged that the Club is "Unsafe" because (as I have been told) some bullets and shot were found outside of the range.    This may be from the nimrods out in the flood control area legally hunting dove or blasting at who-knows-what.  The volunteer officers of the club have locked the place down and say it may well never open up again.

It takes all my willpower to not call the dickhead a dickhead!  Oops!
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:18:02 AM EDT
[#1]
It is a scam.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:24:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Scam or not the gate has been locked since 9/24 and they will permanently terminate membership of any member found shooting on the premises.   (As if membership has any value now).  There is a glimmer of hope in that the Club is demanding clarification of the unsafe "rumor" allegation at the next Maricopa Flood Control district public meeting.   Don't know what effect this will have.

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:05:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I always hear of ranges being shut down because of 'environmental hazards' of all the lead in the ground.  Where do these bozos think the lead came from in the first place?  Outer space?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:03:59 PM EDT
[#4]
This is the RINO's contact info

Welcome to District 4, serving the communities of El Mirage, Glendale, Litchfield Park, Peoria, Sun City, Sun City West, Surprise, Wickenburg, and Youngtown.

Max Wilson(R)

301 W. Jefferson, 10th Floor
Phoenix, Arizona 85003
(602) 506-7642

[email protected]

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:01:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Just look at his shoe-eating grin.   Probably comes from talking out the side of his mouth.  If I can gem up a letter that is to the point without beig rude, I will give him a piece of my mind.  so far I have been unable to write anything polite.   How do you tell someone that they have taken away your relaxation, entertainment, and thereputic hobby without getting excited?

This closure or at the very least  temporary closure has really shaken my tree.   A good part of my recreation is precision rifle shooting and this club was where I did it.   They keep building more goddamn golf courses, but shooting ranges are diminishing.  Oh that's right, the politicians have decided for us that Golf is politically correct but shooting is taboo.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top