Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2005 4:56:47 PM EDT
I completed my form 1 paperwork for an SBR that's being built by a local smith here in Phoenix AZ.  What specific address to I take/mail the completed paperwork, fingerprint and photo's to get LEO sign off?  It's my understanding that Sherrif Joe will need to sign off on the paperwork and then they mail it back to me to send to the ATF.

I was going to call my smith and ask him on Monday, but I figured you guys may be able to tell me now.  Nothing came up in my search for "form 1" in the AZ hometown forum.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:17:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm out in Mohave county so mine went to Kingman.
I have read the Sheriff Joe is the one to see,but dont
his addy.
Someone should be along shortly to answer.

Oh, and welcome aboard.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:35:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Dude, this is a PITA. You have to go to downtown Phoenix (Jefferson) to the county courthouse and submit the paperwork. Actually, in addition to the ATF forms/fingerprint cards, you have to complete AND HAVE NOTARIZED two additional special forms just for Sheriff Joe, plus an extra photo, plus an additional fingerprint card (i.e. 3 in total). Make sure you call ahead and find out the best time to get NFA fingerprints done, or you will be in for a long wait (when I did it back in February, they recommended coming Mon/Tues/Thurs between 9am and 2pm). Oh, and don't attach the photos to the ATF forms, as they won't go thru Sheriff Joe's printer. Having said all the above, the people actually handling this for Sheriff Joe are really helpful and efficient.

By the way, if you are having a 'smith make the rifle for you, do your homework on whether you should be using a Form 1. If you truly are the maker (i.e. you are ordering a new upper to attach to your existing lower) then a Form 1 is appropriate. If, on the other hand, the local 'smith is doing the whole build and delivering a completed rifle to you, then I think you need to complete a Form 4 and the 'smith needs to be a SOT/Class 3 manufacturer.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 9:43:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info.  It sounds like I am in for some more fun.  Another picture and another $6 finger print card.  Oh well.  The quest continues.  

R.T.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 3:39:33 PM EDT
[#4]
The CLEO sign off is done at the address below.  I will post the complete process once I am done.

Take the Form 1 paperwork along with your driver’s license to 210 West Jefferson Civil Division of Sheriff’s Department. (Their phone number is (602) 876-1834 option 7.  I spoke with Aaron and she said to ask for her. They need a photocopy of your driver’s license.)
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 6:12:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Where do you get all this blank paperwork in the first place?

I've got an AMD65 kit that needs to be done right
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:29:00 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Found the online stuff for you.
Form 1,4,5 (form 1 is the first): www.atf.gov/forms/5300instructions.htm#5320

Edited for spelling.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:07:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Too much work for a short barrel, if you ask me.

Link Posted: 10/2/2005 9:49:53 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Found the online stuff for you.
Form 1,4,5 (form 1 is the first): www.atf.gov/forms/5300instructions.htm#5320

Edited for spelling.

Thanks!

Quoted:
Too much work for a short barrel, if you ask me.

We didn't
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 12:24:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Don't forget the extra special Sheriff Joe paperwork... email me and I can send you a scanned blank of what I used back in February - if you are lucky, it hasn't changed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top