Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2005 6:37:40 PM EDT
Anyone see this?
There is contrails now from something entering the atmosphere.
Started out as a dot then went to a cone shape moving N. to S.
then disappeared.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:41:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Most likely a missle launch out of Vandenberg AFB.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:02:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah there was a launch tonight, one form another board was talking about how cool it looked from his house in NV. Crazy you can see it all the way out here.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:08:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Weather control device parts
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:23:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Most likely a missle launch out of Vandenberg AFB.

... affirmative
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 2:45:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Yup, I saw it when I was coming home from the gym aroud 730.

I wanted to get my camera and take a shot of it but it burned out right as I pulled into the driveway on my bike.

It was neat looking at the contrast of how bright it was against the night sky.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:37:27 AM EDT
[#6]
I was this close to BUGGING out to WW's property, MAN!
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:41:51 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 3:35:46 PM EDT
[#8]
I always wonder when I see those things how many miles across they are to be seen this far away.  That thing was cool to see.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:55:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Saw the same thing last night...was south of Chandler about 20 miles. At first I couldn't tell if it was something coming/going from Luke to the Barry Goldwater firing range or if it was higher/further than that.

Anyone know what makes the contrail remain illuminated? My therory was that it was still high enough in the sky to catch the setting suns rays. At 7:30 PM that isn't impossible, is it?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:04:31 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Saw the same thing last night...was south of Chandler about 20 miles. At first I couldn't tell if it was something coming/going from Luke to the Barry Goldwater firing range or if it was higher/further than that.

Anyone know what makes the contrail remain illuminated? My therory was that it was still high enough in the sky to catch the setting suns rays. At 7:30 PM that isn't impossible, is it?

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:25:47 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

... Please for safety reasons, identify yourself and announce your intentions clearly and audibly before entering said property.

... If no response, head back down the mountain dirt-road a ¼ mile to the Double D Saloon. Ask the barkeep to wake the crotchety old hermit in the corner - I'll go let ya in
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:17:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Saw that crap from camp pen.  Kinda trippy to see that after a couple of day of sleep deprivvation out in the field.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:29:13 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
... Please for safety reasons, identify yourself and announce your intentions clearly and audibly before entering said property.

... If no response, head back down the mountain dirt-road a ¼ mile to the Double D Saloon. Ask the barkeep to wake the crotchety old hermit in the corner - I'll go let ya in

Understood!  I thought I'd just say I had beer in the jeep, but this way works too!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top