Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2005 8:34:10 PM EDT
I am thinking about going down for the show this weekend, but have some concerns. McMann's Roadrunner Glendale shows suck bigtime, and if that is what i have to look forward to I do not want to waste my time, gas or money. Any new updates on if it is still on even with the refugees? Any feedback would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:51:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Is it at the fairgrounds or the TCC?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:07:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I apologize for my ambiguity. It's the McMann's Roadrunner show at the TCC Sept. 17-18.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:04:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Typically the Mar and Sep Roadrunner shows have the bigger vender turnouts. I need to see if there are any other big shows in the SW US. I found the Benelli M1S90 that I was looking for last year, usually decent amounts of black rifle parts. Wish FAL's were more mainstream, always seems hard to get those guns. Gun shows are always hit or miss depends on what else is going on that same weekend in bigger market area's.

All else fails it will make for good brass whoring at Reddington for the next week or so.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:45:38 AM EDT
[#4]
They still going to put this on, with the NOLA survivors at the TCC and all?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:58:47 AM EDT
[#5]
All the NO/LA people are gone from the TCC....into private homes and Apts.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:32:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
All the NO/LA people are gone from the TCC....into private homes and Apts.

Damn, I need to get with it
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:34:26 PM EDT
[#7]
There were only about 85 refugees "displaced persons" at the TCC anyway.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:53:21 PM EDT
[#8]
anyone know if Miwall will be out there?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:15:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Miwall will be there.   http://www.miwallcorp.com/schedule/
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:18:13 AM EDT
[#10]
many times the tucson gun shows can be like a swap meet. to much jewelry and beef jerky and home made crafts but they are usually at the east wall area.

i'll be there early saturday morning since i'm going to bring my AK74 ( 5.56mm) arsenal rifle and try to sell it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:48:00 AM EDT
[#11]
The last TCC show was really small, but the September show tends to have alot of business and people giving decent deals.  Tucson gun shows just don't exist (except for the small one on Grant) from late May to September, so I'll be there!
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:39:17 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
many times the tucson gun shows can be like a swap meet. to much jewelry and beef jerky and home made crafts but they are usually at the east wall area.

i'll be there early saturday morning since i'm going to bring my AK74 ( 5.56mm) arsenal rifle and try to sell it.

IM sent regarding you rifle for sale.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:29:52 AM EDT
[#13]
I'll also be there Sat Morning with a Glock 22 and 27 for sale along with a Tucker Gunleather "The Answer Holster" and a Stainless Mini-14
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:31:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Mike Chasse from Thunder Mountain Custom Rifles is there.  Guys, no one has the deals on match level Berger bullets like he does.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:33:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Not a BAD show, I was able to find a deal on a new Glock 21.

A LOT of kids in sideways hats there too,

Link Posted: 9/17/2005 8:34:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Seemed like one of the worse TCC shows, if you ask me.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 8:51:14 PM EDT
[#17]
i agree, not one black rifle parts table ( i needed an ar15 carrier).  that hadji's guys shit doesn't count either. the only cool thing i saw was a GGG swivel bipod. i'm no fan of GGG but their new pod is cool. all machined aluminum and very light.

www.gggaz.com/products/bipod.php

i broke down and bought one. it was either that or another heavy harris S model with a ARMS throw lever. its not as sturdy as a harris but it will do for my needs. i'll get a pic soon.

so all in all-another typical tucson show. i guess i'm reduced to going to phoenix shows once or twice a year.  i can't wait until december!

AZ gun runners wasn't even there. i guess the price of gas did him in.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:19:24 PM EDT
[#18]
I picked up a new Aimpoint M2 for $325, I hadn't planned on getting one since I use a Eo Tech and an ACOG. But that price was low enough for me to buy  a replacement for a hakko I had.
I'm trying out the 168 gn thunder mountain bullets tomarrow. Wanted a cheaper alterantive to Sierra for the 300 and under shots.
Couldn't find bolt cam pim. I had a spare bolt and carrier but no way to have a complete spare bolt. No two stage triggers either. I guess ADCO will be getting a call.

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:47:38 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Seemed like one of the worse TCC shows, if you ask me.

+1

You would think the vendors would haggle a little better based on the lameness of the show. Many just stated that they would be at the crossroads in October instead of dealing on a price.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top