Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2005 8:46:04 AM EDT
I'm thinking about getting a Mak and I'm trying to find one in the Phx. area.

Who's got a good selection of Maks in the Phx. area??
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:39:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I haven't seen any on dealer shelves in a long time, but I know J&G has sold them and they will transfer to a local FFL.  (Come to think of it, I don't remember seeing any at crossroads last weekend either.)

Have you shot a Mak before?   I bought a new in box russian back in 95 and after ten years, it's seen less than 300 rounds.   It has to be the least comfortable pistol I've ever shot.  With large hands, even with the hogue grip, I find it's hard to get a decent hold on the thing.  And given how crappy a cartridge the 9x18 is, the felt recoil and 2nd shot control just stink.  It's just harsh to shoot.

But hey, that's just my opinion.  A good friend back home swears by his and uses it as his carry gun.   And he doesn't get the web of his hand beat to shit when he fires it like I do.

Then again... it's a reliable pistol for under 140 bucks...  Not exactly a bad deal, even if it isn't the best shooter.

- Pete

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:17:01 PM EDT
[#2]
J&G shows they're out of stock.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top