Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2005 7:57:35 PM EDT
At least according to an email I got from the Casa Grande Parks dept.

The email said that they were also planning to fence and lock the facility during off-hours (between dusk and 7 AM) but they hadn't got the fencing done yet.

No word about a rangemaster on site.

I drove by there about a week ago.  The berm work looks very nice.  No worries about going down range on the rifle range if someone is shooting on the pistol range anymore.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:38:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Where is the Casa Grande range?  
Can you provide driving directions from PHX?

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 2:26:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Go S. on I-10 to I-8.

Go W on I-8 to Trekkel Rd. exit (1st exit off of I-8)

Turn L (South) on Trekkel Rd.

Go about 1/2 mile to where the road turns to dirt.  It splits in three directions.  Bear left down the middle one, that's Isom.  Washboard dirt. Passable by automobile, but a bit rough in places and soft sand in places.  Drive about a mile.  You'll pass a trap/skeet range and the Casa Grande police range.  The Casa Grande public range is right next to the police range.  

See this Mapquest map
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:34:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok, so when is our next shoot ?!?!?!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:10:17 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I'll bring the tannerite & beer! w00t!

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:08:08 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll bring the bowling ball cannon.

Jay
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:00:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

One of the rules is "no tannerite."  Another is "no .50BMG."  

The bowling-ball mortar was declared verboten by _Steve, not by the City!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:52:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I give up.

Jay
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:27:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I went out and shot at the range this morning.  No rangemaster, but we got a visit from the CGPD who were shooting on their range next door.  The berm improvements are excellent.  Nothing else has been done yet, except to build vehicle-blocking berms around the parking area so that they could put up a gate without having to build a fence.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top