Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2005 7:03:23 PM EDT
Rumor mill states gas shortages may be coming.  

Anyone seen any yet?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:17:18 PM EDT
[#1]
No, but thanks for trying to start a panic. That will cause a gas shortage.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:21:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Personally, I have no shortage of gas.  But Camy or the kids could have told you that.

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:00:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Not that kind of gas

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:02:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Personally, I have no shortage of gas.  But Camy or the kids could have told you that.

I am going for my SCBA.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:03:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Any wagers  how long until gas riots start in some of the riot-prone areas of the country?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:40:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Not that kind of gas

Hey, man, natural gas is the wave of the future, yes?  

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:41:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am going for my SCBA.

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:56:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:57:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Any wagers  how long until gas riots start in some of the riot-prone areas of the country?

I think we averted the major riots because Katrina didn't last as a cat 4 or 5 as long as they predicted.  You know, 3 years ago I was going to buy a futures option on oil, but I didn't have 5k.  If I would have, I'd of made a fortune (was going for 29/barrel then).  

But I also agree oil will hit 80/barrel in the near future, and then there will be groups of rioters.  They'll be the same ones driving 12 MPG SUVs they don't need for anything other than status, but they WILL throw a fit.  Guys like me who HAVE to have trucks to work for a living will take it in the ass, but prices for labor will go way up and offset  the costs.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:59:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am going for my SCBA.

Self Contained breathing Apparatus  
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:02:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Aye.

Arabs one this round.  Not smart enough to pump it themselves, but cunning enough to strangle us.

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:04:55 PM EDT
[#12]
LOL, sheeeeeet....  Like that is going to help!  I can break NBC filters like AZ members can get banned politely requested to leave.  A few beers and some great spicy food (or my favorite, raw oysters), and I have the house all to myself!

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:07:49 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
LOL, sheeeeeet....  Like that is going to help!  I can break NBC filters like AZ members can get banned politely requested to leave.  A few beers and some great spicy food (or my favorite, raw oysters), and I have the house all to myself!

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 4:28:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:05:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Well, Winston, 'Develop' is a little bit of an exaggeration of what we need to do here.

Hell, the German's were doing it in WWII... It's pretty established.  It's just spendy.

But we're getting there.

I'm more interested in BioDeisel at the moment... Deisel's are more efficient than Gas engines to begin with, and Biodeisel is viable at ~$3-$3.50 a gallon... Less than Coal Gassification...
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:28:36 PM EDT
[#16]
I was watching an automotive TV show last weekend and they demonstrated a "Biodiesel" maker. It turns vegetable oil into Diesel fuel and costs about 80 cents a gallon to make. Apparently back in the day original diesel engines were designed to run on peanut oil. Only bad thing is your truck will smell like a giant French fry fryer going down the road.....

www.dancingrabbit.org/biodiesel/

-John
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:34:03 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I was watching an automotive TV show last weekend and they demonstrated a "Biodiesel" maker. It turns vegetable oil into Diesel fuel and costs about 80 cents a gallon to make. Apparently back in the day original diesel engines were designed to run on peanut oil. Only bad thing is your truck will smell like a giant French fry fryer going down the road.....

www.dancingrabbit.org/biodiesel/

-John

TRUCKS!  I love that show!  I actually posted a thread about Bio-Diesel and asked people here what they thought, and there were a bunch who knew all about it.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:37:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Signs were being changed all around the valley tonight to reflect a 20 cent jump in gas prices.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top