Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2005 9:06:19 PM EDT
Any hot deals for their Grand Opening? Specifically 223 ammo or 45/9mm? They don't list prices on their website. They said they sent out flyers, but not sure to whom.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:30:20 PM EDT
[#1]
They opened today.  I was going to go but I had to work a double so I am going in the morning.  The "GRAND OPENING" isn't until Saturday.

It's only about 1 mile from my house, I told my wife if she ever came home and couldn't find me, drive to the sporsmans warehoue and I'd be there...
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:16:32 PM EDT
[#2]
... No deals today, try the Grand Opening this Saturday if you're not at the Cool Shoot.

... The place was packed, just picked up some targets for the "Cool Shoot" this w/e

... Quite happy that they are so close to home now - but I see it having the potential for beating my wallet further
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:53:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I went by there today and they would not give me a sale flyer for Saturday. Just said the flyer would be out on Saturday.
I'll be there when the doors open but I'm not getting my hopes up for good ammo deals.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:19:41 AM EDT
[#4]
I heard all ammo is free if you are from AR15.com and are in GOOD STANDING!!

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:50:14 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

...Absolutely! I loaded up five truck loads this morning!
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:55:46 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

...Absolutely! I loaded up five truck loads this morning!

For the secret shoot?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 10:17:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 10:39:23 AM EDT
[#8]
This is the first I heard of Sportsman's Warehouse. I'll have to check out the grand opening.
Looks like it is not far from Caswells Shooting Range.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 10:44:14 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
well if youre an arizona member, i doubt youre in good standing  

Thus free ammo for NO ONE!!
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 10:51:06 AM EDT
[#10]
BTW...what is this COOL SHOOT I see mentioned in this post?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:30:04 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
BTW...what is this COOL SHOOT I see mentioned in this post?

I believe it's a Tannerite blast of some sort up in the Show Low area this Saturday.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 2:12:12 PM EDT
[#12]
I went today... I asked a few sales guys about the sales tomorrow.  They all said there wasn't going to be  a lot on sale, and they gave me a flyer.  They said that the "sale" price are already posted so you can get the sale prices today.  

Wasn't much on sale... but WOW!  I LOVE THAT STORE!
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 4:37:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Got a flyer in today's paper.  It was so thin, it only had one side. It had several guns, several rods/reels, several boots and that was about it. I'm sure it's a cool store, but not up to markm's expectations. No ammo on sale, much less free ammo.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:47:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:10:03 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
What  are the cross streets?

Greenfield & E. Valley Auto Dr.
South of the 60.

Get off the 60 head south take E. Valley Auto Dr. (Heading west) end at 4164 E. Valley Auto Dr.

I'm leaving right now to go......

-John
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 12:58:59 PM EDT
[#16]
HOLY CRAP! Stay away for a little while!  I went this morning around 10am... parking was a bear and the checkout line was lined up all the way to the back of the store.  I'll go back later since I found a few things I wanted, but I didn't want to wait in line....
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:45:50 PM EDT
[#17]
I tried to go today too. I saw how packed it was and just kept on driving. I'll go back durring the week when it's not bursting at the seams with rednecks

Kevin
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:02:05 PM EDT
[#18]
I went today... got a free hat and towel.

Gues what?
They sell GUNS
AND they have a pretty decent selection

The only "assault weapons" were a few AR15 and Beretta storms (IF you count the storms)
However they did have a BIG selection of handguns/revolvers

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:40:59 PM EDT
[#19]
They also had a Thompson! That counts as an evil rifle, doesn't it?  The best deal I saw was a Remington 700 with leupold scope for 500.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:18:31 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
HOLY CRAP! Stay away for a little while!  I went this morning around 10am... parking was a bear and the checkout line was lined up all the way to the back of the store.  I'll go back later since I found a few things I wanted, but I didn't want to wait in line....

Your not kidding! I could hardly stop to look at anything it was so crowded! I'm off Work Monday so hopefully it won't be so busy!

Nice place though.....

I think I saw American Eagle 55gr .223 for $3.99 a box of 20 which translates to $100 plus tax for 500rds. Not bad..... I love the way they have ammo just right on the shelf.....I was surprised to see that. I saw all the pistols on the wall, I didn't get to look at any guns but I did see something that bothered me but I'm kind of anal about stuff. I saw they had handguns stacked two deep on the same pegs so as they were touching each other. I'm guessing those guns are going to get scratched up rather quickly....

-John
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 11:40:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Went today with a buddy.  Parking was a bear and the place was crowded as all get out.

There were really no deals (other than the Springfield XD9 for $379).  Other handguns were going for about retail from what I could see.  I saw two M4 type AR's but didn't look at the prices.  Good selection of pistols, and long guns and the help was extremely helpful and knowledgable.  I couldn't go three minutes without someone asking me if they could help me.  And the one that I actually interacted with knew all about the pistols I was talking about.

Other than that the deals weren't that great.  Ammo prices were average (think Wal Mart) and the place was just too packed to just stand around and think about what you might want to purchase.  I'll go back and mill around a bit when things settle down a bit.

All in all it's a beautiful store and I'll shop there for sure!

AR15
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 5:51:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Definitely no ammo deals. Asked the guy behind counter if there's a discount on 1000 rnds of ammo (like Q3131A) and he said no. The other Sportsmans Warehouse way up on I-17 does discount for cases. Hmmm. But they have decent selection of guns, reloading supplies, scopes. Too bad they're relatively close, my wallet is gonna hurt.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:15:26 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

You need to be saving your money for NEW UNIFORMS anyways!
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:46:17 AM EDT
[#24]
cmm if what you say is true about the Northly store discounting cases of ammo I think we need to pressure this store some!

So what kind of discount were we talking here anyway?
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 11:48:17 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You need to be saving your money for NEW UNIFORMS anyways!

Yea, no kidding!
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 11:59:44 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
cmm if what you say is true about the Northly store discounting cases of ammo I think we need to pressure this store some!

Can't remember the exact number (maybe 10%) but after calculating the price, it was still cheaper to buy online even with shipping. I think it came out a bit cheaper than what you could get at wal-mart at regular prices. Not terrible if you had to get something in a pinch but not a bargain either. This is not a complaint in any way, just don't get your hopes up. I'm still going to empty my pocket change here. Now we just need a Cabelas in town
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 11:53:24 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can't remember the exact number (maybe 10%) but after calculating the price, it was still cheaper to buy online even with shipping. I think it came out a bit cheaper than what you could get at wal-mart at regular prices. Not terrible if you had to get something in a pinch but not a bargain either. This is not a complaint in any way, just don't get your hopes up. I'm still going to empty my pocket change here. Now we just need a Cabelas in town

American Eagle 55gr .223 was $3.99 a box there. That is cheaper than online with shipping even with the tax. I just bought 1000rds of it for $229 shipped from a good online source. 1000rds from them with tax would be around $216.00.

-John
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:52:41 PM EDT
[#28]
should be a 5% discount.  at least that is what it is at the other two stores.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:05:54 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

South of the 60.

Get off the 60 head south take E. Valley Auto Dr. (Heading west) end at 4164 E. Valley Auto Dr.

-John

Hmmm...might take a trip there tomorrow!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:50:26 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

South of the 60.

-John

i went last night and it was packed
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 2:02:10 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

South of the 60.

-John

Ah, might stay away till it calms down a bit!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:43:55 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

South of the 60.

-John

Also so they can get the firearms restocked
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 2:28:35 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

South of the 60.

-John

Also so they can get the firearms restocked

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top