Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2005 1:09:32 PM EDT
Got bored last night at about 11pm and went for a drive.... (in tucson) headed down wilmot road past the prisons to the dirt road.  Driven this rode half a dozen times, normally pretty un-eventfull.

Did I mention that I failed to realize how much rain had fallen in that area this week?

Tons of mud out there, notthing teribly deep, but  more then I expected, and VERY soft (Jason can attest to this).  

Biggest problem of the night? Lost all light in the front of my SUV (Including the 130watt KC Lights) due to mud covering them up, didn't have any water or rags to wipe them down with -- bad move on my part..... not fun driving down a pitch black road with no light on the front of you car, through mud and other crap.... including cattle.

Wiped as much away as I could with my hands and then drove slowly till i found a gas station to clear them off with.

What did I learn from this?  I'm going to buy a couple of the USGI hard plastic canteens and keep them in the storage compartment in the back full of water, I figure i should be able to fit 4-5 of them back there.... that way I can water myself, my engine or my headlights )  Also going to keep some old rags with them to wipe stuff down as needed.

Still had a blast though, really tempted to go back out tonight to do it again.  Something about playing in the mud at night that's too much fun.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:03:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Try urine next time, it's sterile and it's free.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:58:59 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Try urine next time, it's sterile and it's free.

Jason had taken a leak 15 min before it happened.... I was running on Empty as well
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:05:46 PM EDT
[#3]
You drive around the desert without water?  I keep between 14 and 28 gallons in my truck at any given time.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:12:45 PM EDT
[#4]
How did you cover your headlights with mud?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:23:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Also you could of used your shirts pants and underwear to wipe your headlights with?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:25:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Rob,
Hey you coming to showlow on sat?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:08:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Not going to make it up sat for the show, wish I could but things are just not quite right...... currently, need to settle other things before I can make that kinda stuff.

As far as how do you get mudd on your headlights....... very wet mud and dcent speed and you can get mud just about anywhere.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:09:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Rob,

... That is gonna be one kick-ass time, see ya there bro!
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:47:56 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Rob,

What's in showlow?  A Tannerite lovers' society gathering?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:50:50 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Rob,

What's in showlow?  A Tannerite lovers' society gathering?

... You'll just have to wait for the pictures
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:38:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Dang!  A super secret double dang tanneriters anonymous meeting!  w00t!
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:56:26 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Dang!  A super secret double dang tanneriters anonymous meeting!  w00t!

... Naw, it's just that Arizona gave up on inviting you to attend any future shoots - 'cause you've never shown up in the past!
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:32:55 AM EDT
[#13]
I show up to some.  I'm often just a silent observer.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:46:27 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I show up to some.  I'm often just a silent observer.

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:05:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Go back to bed, ROWLEY!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top