Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2005 7:06:32 PM EDT
Any body heard of Chartered Industries?They look like they maybe teflon with a grey color and dont look bad in the pick.But that doesnt always mean jack.Will try and get auction number again.

auction 35827343
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:08:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Per local gunsmith, the colt manufactured mags are the only ones worth spending money on.  The choice is yours let us know how it works out for you.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:32:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Any new USGI aluminum mags are worth buying -- every bit as well made as Colt mags. The Teflon ones made by or on LaBelle tooling are some of the very best.

Does the gunsmith sell Colt mags perhaps?

Anyway, there are guys on here selling NIW top-quality Teflon USGI mags for $12.00.

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:57:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Any new USGI aluminum mags are worth buying -- every bit as well made as Colt mags. The Teflon ones made by or on LaBelle tooling are some of the very best.

Does the gunsmith sell Colt mags perhaps?

Anyway, there are guys on here selling NIW top-quality Teflon USGI mags for $12.00.

just becase it says "Colt" on it, dont mean jack.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 2:07:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Colt doesn't make mags, they just have their name stamped on them. Okay, get the Labelle Sanchez?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:25:47 PM EDT
[#5]
    If you have a Colt 20rd USGI mag handy look at the side of the mag you will se a symbol using the letter "U" & the letter "I" which stands for Universal Industries who made those particular mags. You will see other 20rd mags actually stamped on the bottom M16 (blah blah blah)..."Universal Industries" these mags are identical to Colt except for the stamping on the floor plates. Any USGI mag is worth buying.
   I favor oKay Industries & Center Industries personally. The DPMS Teflon’s are great, too. I also like the factory bushmaster grey teflon 30rd mags they are now supplying with new rifles. I'm not sure which USGI maker is running them but they are nice mags.

Check out the mag FAQ here:magfaq.tripod.com/index.htm

-John
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top