Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2005 6:22:39 AM EDT
Anyone know of a shop in the Phoenix area that stocks Montana Gold bullets? I can always order from them directly, but I'm in kind of a hurry since I am almost out and have a match coming up that I need to finish loading for...
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:40:50 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Anyone know of a shop in the Phoenix area that stocks Montana Gold bullets? I can always order from them directly, but I'm in kind of a hurry since I am almost out and have a match coming up that I need to finish loading for...

Ididnt know thay made bullets thougt thay were more like Phones, radios, modems, ect...
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:58:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Not all bullets are created equal. I have a load developed for their 124 gr JHP that runs great in my race gun and is very accurate. Each manufacturer's bullet of the "same" weight and profile will vary somewhat and will often have different bearing surfaces, which affacts friction (and therefore velocity). Even if I went to someone elses 124 gr JHP, I would still need to do some chrono time to make sure I was making major, and I don't have the time to do that. Not to mention having to re-zero because it would be likely that a different bullet would have a different point of impact.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top