Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2005 7:00:40 PM EDT
Drove down last sunday with my lady friend to visit her mom and dad in Green Valley (south of Tucson). I took several copies of my C&R license and made the rounds of the gun and pawn shops in the Tucson area. Came away with a couple nice guns.

Bought one at West of the Pecos gun shop. Nice guys to deal with and they had no problem taking my C&R.

The other I bought from Jensen's (both these stores were on Pima). First I had to convince them the gun I wanted to buy was in fact a C&R elegible, but once that was done there was no problem. Apparently it was the first time someone had used a C&R license to buy a gun. Even weirder for them as I was from CA and buying a handgun. They wrote down every bit of information about me they could think of in addition to getting a copy of my C&R and drivers license. But everyone at Jensen's was very nice, polite, and helpful.

I had no problems with any LEO while down there. The only A**hole driver I had issues with was from California!

We all went out into the desert on thursday morning for a hour or so of shooting and then the GF and I had to hit the road to get back.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:36:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Glad you enjoyed your stay!!!!!  Prepare for the onlsaught of rude comments froma few others to follow.

Again, glad you had fun!
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 4:11:22 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Glad you enjoyed your stay!!!!!  Prepare for the onlsaught of rude comments froma few others to follow.

Again, glad you had fun!

What he said....Did you get to play with any un-Californicated weapons while you were out?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 4:23:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Drove down last sunday with my lady friend to visit her mom and dad in Green Valley (south of Tucson). I took several copies of my C&R license and made the rounds of the gun and pawn shops in the Tucson area. Came away with a couple nice guns.

Bought one at West of the Pecos gun shop. Nice guys to deal with and they had no problem taking my C&R.

The other I bought from Jensen's (both these stores were on Pima). First I had to convince them the gun I wanted to buy was in fact a C&R elegible, but once that was done there was no problem. Apparently it was the first time someone had used a C&R license to buy a gun. Even weirder for them as I was from CA and buying a handgun. They wrote down every bit of information about me they could think of in addition to getting a copy of my C&R and drivers license. But everyone at Jensen's was very nice, polite, and helpful.

I had no problems with any LEO while down there. The only A**hole driver I had issues with was from California!

We all went out into the desert on thursday morning for a hour or so of shooting and then the GF and I had to hit the road to get back.

HA! that was you...... I was in west of the pecos talking to Rich while you were buying that (if i remember you asked them if there was a matching mag for the rifle you bought?)....... The guy had rich come up to get everything setup.......

Damn, too bad didn't get to chat a lil bit.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 4:42:14 PM EDT
[#4]
West of the Pecos is the devil.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:23:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

HA! that was you...... I was in west of the pecos talking to Rich while you were buying that (if i remember you asked them if there was a matching mag for the rifle you bought?)....... The guy had rich come up to get everything setup.......

Damn, too bad didn't get to chat a lil bit.

Were you the young guy with the girl? If so, I remember seeing you.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:25:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Again, glad you had fun!

What he said....Did you get to play with any un-Californicated weapons while you were out?

No. But I did see a AK in one store that's actually listed by the ATF as a C&R. Thought about buying just to see if they'd sell it to me. Which would be legal btw. I just would have had to leave it in AZ
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:43:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Again, glad you had fun!

No. But I did see a AK in one store that's actually listed by the ATF as a C&R. Thought about buying just to see if they'd sell it to me. Which would be legal btw. I just would have had to leave it in AZ

I gots room in my safe... What with there only being a .22 and a .38 in there....

I'd even make sure it was well fed and excersized....

GT
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:05:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Nah that wasn't me......
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:02:02 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Rob with a female?

<wipes tear>

oh you crack me up
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top