Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/28/2005 8:47:04 PM EDT
Anyone interested? There is a large project coming up in October.

www.minutemanhq.com/
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 9:35:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll be there.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 9:52:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 9:57:00 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll volunteer if someone could relay the approximate dates and location. If its within an hour and a half of Tucson I'm there. I've got an ATV, dunno if that would be any help but I'd certainly be willing to bring it.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 7:50:26 AM EDT
[#4]
I want to know more about it.

I'm reading the book "Illegals: The imminent threat posed by our unsecured U.S.- Mexico border" by Jon Dougherty and it's getting me all fired up.

I'd like to help somehow. My "Secure Arizona: Seal our border" bumper sticker is going on today.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 11:10:57 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I want to know more about it.

I'm reading the book "Illegals: The imminent threat posed by our unsecured U.S.- Mexico border" by Jon Dougherty and it's getting me all fired up.

I'd like to help somehow. My "Secure Arizona: Seal our border" bumper sticker is going on today.

Basically this is how it works:

You take an 8 hour shift, or as many as you like,  sitting in a pre-determined location.  You watch for illegal border crossers.  If you see any, you radio your supervisor and you call border patrol on your cell phone to report what you see.  You do not interact with the illegals in any shape or form - or you are immediately banned from the project.

Its pretty simple.  It can be a little boring so it is best to bring a friend or two and camp out and make the best of it.  Aside from being a little boring it is extremely satisfying.  

When I was down there our group got personally thanked by the border patrol and a sherriff's deputy.  Although they thanked us "off the record".  It was still nice.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:05:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Cool,
I spent a bunch of time reviewing the Minuteman website today. It was all pretty much as I expected which is a good thing and I plan on joining up.

It sounds like an organization I would be proud to be a part of.

I'm in.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 6:43:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'll be there.

See ya there.
Recruit a friend.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 6:45:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'll volunteer if someone could relay the approximate dates and location. If its within an hour and a half of Tucson I'm there. I've got an ATV, dunno if that would be any help but I'd certainly be willing to bring it.

You would be a great help to the project.
Please contact me IM sent.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top