Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/27/2005 9:30:35 AM EDT
So I woke up just like any other day and got ready for work and all that fun stuff.  Went outside to my truck to fide glass everywhere and my stereo gone.  Well to be honest just the faceplate was gone, but they fucked the stereo up trying to take it out.  At first I also thought my $300 worth of CD’s were gone too but later found them.  Now what really pisses me off is that these FUCKTARDS costs me $150 for a new window, what ever it costs for a new radio, probably about $300 or $400, and they got away with nothing.  I’m so fucking pissed, if only I had an alarm on my truck and heard them, I would have grabbed Mr. 1911, and either Mr. 12 gauge or Mr. M4 .  Called the cops and I’m guessing nothing will come of this.  Even though they got away with not a whole lot, I still feel violated.  Fucking ASSHATS.   (also in GD)
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 10:06:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Get An ALARM!!! Sometimes after they break in and dint get the stereo they will come back in a couple weeks. The reason is that you should have a new stereo by then. Go somewhere and get the alarm professionally installed with that little red blinking light and have it put in a visible place! If you live in a house get one of those motion sensor lights. This helps too! SADLY, In this Messed up State an alarm is more important than a good stero.....
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 10:12:38 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
So I woke up just like any other day and got ready for work and all that fun stuff.  Went outside to my truck to fide glass everywhere and my stereo gone.  Well to be honest just the faceplate was gone, but they fucked the stereo up trying to take it out.  At first I also thought my $300 worth of CD’s were gone too but later found them.  Now what really pisses me off is that these FUCKTARDS costs me $150 for a new window, what ever it costs for a new radio, probably about $300 or $400, and they got away with nothing.  I’m so fucking pissed, if only I had an alarm on my truck and heard them, I would have grabbed Mr. 1911, and either Mr. 12 gauge or Mr. M4 .  Called the cops and I’m guessing nothing will come of this.  Even though they got away with not a whole lot, I still feel violated.  Fucking ASSHATS.   (also in GD)

get a viper 571(I think). I got one and it is the nicest alarm I have ever seen. It is a 2 way paging alarm so the remote beeps and tells you it is going off and it has remote start, which is a life saver in PHX summers, get the AC going for about 15 minutes before you go to your car. I think mine cost $500 installed.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 12:24:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 5:13:26 PM EDT
[#4]
i too have been the victim of senseless violence....

a few months back my girlfriend and i rented a car to go up north (we like to use her brother's employee discount and trash rental cars on our trips).  we left our 89 Honda Accord at Enterprise on Greenway and 9th st.
they called us the next day to say our car was broken into (funny sidenote:  we went back the night we rented the car to pick up our car and move it home but they had parked it in "for security").
they smashed out my rear passenger window for access, popped the trunk, removed my jack, and took off one tire, which was left laying next to the car.  i'm guessing they were interrupted and split.
so just last week i got the window replaced, which cost me $300.
who the fuck tries to jack factory rims of an 89 Honda Accord?!?!?!?!
i mean, i got the fucking car for free....the tires can't be that valuable.......

so now i have to rent Russell from Shawn to watch my cars.....
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 5:34:49 PM EDT
[#5]
My friend had his Saturn stolen out of their driveway last week.  Funny because he went down and got something out of the car at 4am then came back down to go to work at 4:30am and it was gone.  Police said cars like that are often used in crimes and dumped so the chances are they would get it back, but I was always under the impression once its stolen your likely not going to see it again.

Maybe Russell could make some good money being rented out, the question is what is his method of dealing with the would be thief’s when he catches them??
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 5:50:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I like the remote sensor so the ASSHAT's breaking in are caught off guard, but also beware with the right laywer those ASSHAT's sometimes win in a court battle. seen it happen before

Link Posted: 7/27/2005 7:23:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Could be worse... I had a car stolen out of my driveway about a year ago.  Belonged to a friend that needed a place to keep it while he was deployed to Iraq.  Even though we "recovered" part of it (guy was selling pieces out of his van) we couldn't get the police to do anything, even simple things like return calls, until after they got ripped a new one in the newspaper about it.  If you're worried about it, get an alarm and a GPS based tracking device that you can trace from the Net and then wait for you chance to take matters into your own hands.  Above all, don't wait for the police to get involved because you might not be able to make them investigate it no matter how much evidence you have.

Link Posted: 7/28/2005 12:49:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 1:17:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 2:57:12 PM EDT
[#10]
What weapon would the Russ man carry, during car protection?
Wouldn't a trunk monkey serve just as good security, Ill just replace his crow bar with an M4 and a G-21.

F.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:28:35 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
What weapon would the Russ man carry, during car protection?
Wouldn't a trunk monkey serve just as good security, Ill just replace his crow bar with an M4 and a G-21.

F.

Whatever Russ would carry, you know it's going to be the most high-speed-low-drag stuff available and he would be much better than a trunk monkey, because he'd know what to do with the body afterwards.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 12:49:53 AM EDT
[#12]
I had some asshats break into my car in january, first they pried the outside of the rear driver side door away from the window to try to unlock it (I think), and when THAT didn't work they just broke the window and stole my stereo. Luckily they failed to notice the somewhat obvious gun case, must have been too intent on stealing my radio...
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:30:43 AM EDT
[#13]
UPDATE, I shelled out the $300 for a new window and radio, still havent heard from the cops, but then again I never expected I would or will.  I will always take the faceplate in where ever I go.  Now i just need an alarm that pages me.....or i can spend that money on a new gun....hum.....think I'll go with the gun.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:02:18 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
UPDATE, I shelled out the $300 for a new window and radio, still havent heard from the cops, but then again I never expected I would or will.  I will always take the faceplate in where ever I go.  Now i just need an alarm that pages me.....or i can spend that money on a new gun....hum.....think I'll go with the gun.  

I can only go from my experience.  When one car got vandalized at Arrowhead mall, the Glendale cops were there within 15 minutes to get the report and run a crime scene crew over it.  They never did prosecute anyone over it, but at least they did the report so my insurance company would fix the car.  When we had one stolen from our driveway, it took 4 newspaper articles and 3 minutes on the 5:00 news before we could get Peoria PD to do anything about investigating it.  And that was after we started buying back serialized parts from the car and followed the seller back to his house to give them an address to check.

Hopefully they at least showed up to do the theft report for insurance purposes even if you don't file a claim.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:42:59 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can only go from my experience.  When one car got vandalized at Arrowhead mall, the Glendale cops were there within 15 minutes to get the report and run a crime scene crew over it.  They never did prosecute anyone over it, but at least they did the report so my insurance company would fix the car.  When we had one stolen from our driveway, it took 4 newspaper articles and 3 minutes on the 5:00 news before we could get Peoria PD to do anything about investigating it.  And that was after we started buying back serialized parts from the car and followed the seller back to his house to give them an address to check.

Hopefully they at least showed up to do the theft report for insurance purposes even if you don't file a claim.

Its the Tempe PD and when I called 911 they were like, um you need to call this other number(which i understand), then they said an officer would call me back to get my report.  No one came out our anything.  and the officer called back like an hour and a half later.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:17:14 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Its the Tempe PD and when I called 911 they were like, um you need to call this other number(which i understand), then they said an officer would call me back to get my report.  No one came out our anything.  and the officer called back like an hour and a half later.  

The thing I still find truly ironic (and that pisses me off the most) about my experiences with Peoria PD are I had to blackmail them in the media to get them to even act like they cared to investigate a stolen car but my neighbor's complaint about my dog barking got a same day response from them.  Kind of messed up when a barking dog complaint gets a faster response than a property crime.

At least they called you back though.  I couldn't even get calls returned on the stolen car issue until after EJ Montini wrote a column slamming them about doing nothing.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:08:16 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The thing I still find truly ironic (and that pisses me off the most) about my experiences with Peoria PD are I had to blackmail them in the media to get them to even act like they cared to investigate a stolen car but my neighbor's complaint about my dog barking got a same day response from them.  Kind of messed up when a barking dog complaint gets a faster response than a property crime.

At least they called you back though.  I couldn't even get calls returned on the stolen car issue until after EJ Montini wrote a column slamming them about doing nothing.

Dude, that's pretty sad, especially considering what a worthless fuckstick EJ Montini is.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:34:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Solder a few razor blades to the rear of the radio.  When they reach under to try to push it through...  If the cops don't find them at the hospital, you'll be able to smile about it every time you see the bastard's blood on the floor of your truck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top