Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2005 7:01:30 PM EDT

Oh goody. My son e-mails me about hearing the terriost bomb that went off in Istanbul, Turkey last Saturday. Now I'm real fuckin nervous that he's over there. I can't wait until he gets back or at least flies into Germany.
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 7:08:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry to hear he's in harms way, but at the same time extend my salute to him for doing what he does and I wish him well.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 10:25:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Is he at Incerlick(sp) AFB? I was in Izmir back in 94 when I was in the navy.   He should be ok if he watches his six.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:17:59 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Oh goody. My son e-mails me about hearing the terriost bomb that went off in Istanbul, Turkey last Saturday. Now I'm real fuckin nervous that he's over there. I can't wait until he gets back or at least flies into Germany.

... He's a good man Dave, make sure you keep us informed on his sitreps
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:20:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

... He's a good man Dave, make sure you keep us informed on his sitreps

I had lunch with Dave on Sunday. His son has been back for a while now and is in good health
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:43:24 PM EDT
[#5]

My son had a blast!  He jumped off the 150 foot paratroop training tower. Did loops in a glider. Even went to a bar. That's right the drinking age over there is 16/ and younger. So he had a couple of beers and a screwdriver. He'll be twenty this month.

He met other cadets from Greece, Germany, England, France, Canada, and others. Although the other USA cadet was a Texan. All he talked about there was Texas. All the other cadets hated him. And none ever want to visit Texas if they come to the US.

The Turkish Air Force still uses the F4 Phantom. My son and others walked up by the runway and three F4'S took off together. He said it was the loudest thing he's ever heard. Major Rush!

There group driver kinda of looked like Sadam. So they kept calling him Sadam. After a week the driver shaved off his mustach. He said he hated Sadam. As for the crappers in the bathrooms. We'll they are just holes in the floor, you just walk up to a hole in the floor, drop em, sqwat and let it fall.

They had NO A/C.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:47:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeh when using a middle east "bomber run toilet best to make sure your keys won't fall out. Always a good idea when going down town to pack a small TP stash with you also.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top