Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/19/2005 7:50:55 PM EDT
I am going  to be camping near the upper salt river this weekend. I will be about 30 miles NE of Globe off the 60. Is the fishing good up there? Does anyone have a good spot they can share. The place im camping is Timber mountain camp. Any help would be great.
Thanks
Milhouse
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 1:07:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Fishing the Salt River upstream of Roosevelt Lake? Hmmm.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 3:50:38 AM EDT
[#2]
there used to be a little trail to an area below the dam that separated Saguaro and Canyon lakes.  Me and my wife used to catch really nice rainbows and some of the biggest largemouth bass I've ever heard of down there.  (last one I caught there was over 9 lbs, and I have witnesses!)  Some nice flat places to put up a tent, too--just watch out for the snakes, cuz there was a bunch of 'em.  We would routinely see mt. goats, bears and cougars whenever we went out there.

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 2:42:50 PM EDT
[#3]
mountain goats....hmmmmm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top