Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2005 5:57:20 PM EDT
Well, did ANYONE feel anything today? This was the 2nd boycot of Arizona by Hispanics. Anyone notice anything?
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 6:05:05 PM EDT
[#1]
They did it again?  I don't think it's working.
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 6:09:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 6:19:39 PM EDT
[#3]
i'm gonna boycott my spell check.
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 7:21:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Nope, I still saw the landscapers out and working. I heard a story of about the last boycott. A roofing company here in the valley had several employees "Take the Day Off". They showed up for work the next day and to their suprise...... The owner explained to them That they took an unplaned vacation and he was going to do the same that day. He stated that if they did it again he was taking a week off. He sent the all home and let them figure out on their own that they just screwed themself out of 2 days pay!!  I loved this Idea and just thought I'd share this story here....
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 7:24:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I know that there are 25 that didnt get to participate due to the Minuteman mission this past weekend
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 8:43:52 PM EDT
[#6]
So thats why the park grass didn't get mowed today.
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 9:32:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Well dammit I had no idea, cause if I did I would have been cruising around west phoenix with my handy signs on my car.

BTW finally found my card reader so here are the pictures I had promised many days ago

I know that there are a good percentage of them that couldn’t understand the signs but I couldn’t bring myself to put it in Spanish
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 9:37:46 PM EDT
[#8]

You must make your signs in slang spanish, so they can read them!
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 3:29:56 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Well dammit I had no idea, cause if I did I would have been cruising around west phoenix with my handy signs on my car.

BTW finally found my card reader so here are the pictures I had promised many days ago

img268.echo.cx/img268/651/dcp61502dh.th.jpg

img268.echo.cx/img268/3320/dcp61521hq.th.jpg

I know that there are a good percentage of them that couldn’t understand the signs but I couldn’t bring myself to put it in Spanish

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:33:27 AM EDT
[#10]

I wish they'd boycott Arizona completely.

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:47:03 AM EDT
[#11]
ya know.. i LOVE the idea of the signs and stuff like that.. i think that would be a great idea to get a convoy of say ... 10 or 20, or even 30 vehicles to do up signs like that and cruise downtown phoenix.. to include the home depot on Thomas and 32d street, theres no less than 200 illegals there on any given day
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 11:35:19 AM EDT
[#12]
10, 20, or 30 vehicles with signs could run over make a good impact on the illegals.

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 1:36:45 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
ya know.. i LOVE the idea of the signs and stuff like that.. i think that would be a great idea to get a convoy of say ... 10 or 20, or even 30 vehicles to do up signs like that and cruise downtown phoenix.. to include the home depot on Thomas and 32d street, theres no less than 200 illegals there on any given day

I drove by that Home Depot in a U-haul (going to the funiture store down the street).

The fricking illegals were chasing me down the street.  It was funny as hell.

INS could catch their limit in 5 minutes on Thomas.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:31:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Holy Shit! i got chased too!!

At 19th ave and Bell!!

I got McDs in my white work van....

Pulled out of the drive thru and into the parking lot to check my order.

next thing I know some guy is trying to open the passenger door and someone else is tugging at the cargo door.

so i start screaming 'No Traba-Hoe!!!! No Traba-Hoe!!!!'

they didnt understand spanish so i lurched forward a few feet.

I had to drive AWAY to get left alone.

I still tease them sometimes.... its fun.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:33:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:17:53 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Sounds like a "Taser Moment" if ever there was one

yep!
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:18:46 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Holy Shit! i got chased too!!

At 19th ave and Bell!!

I got McDs in my white work van....

Pulled out of the drive thru and into the parking lot to check my order.

next thing I know some guy is trying to open the passenger door and someone else is tugging at the cargo door.

so i start screaming 'No Traba-Hoe!!!! No Traba-Hoe!!!!'

they didnt understand spanish so i lurched forward a few feet.

I had to drive AWAY to get left alone.

I still tease them sometimes.... its fun.

My friend does everytime he's over there, LOL
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:10:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Im glad no one has tried to climb into MY car (yet)! I need to hurry up and turn 21 so I can get a CCW. I did have a man step in FRONTof my car to solicit me for "gas money"once while leaving the parking lto after class.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top