Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2005 7:32:01 AM EDT
Anybody know? If so any particular area or neighborhood?

103 Alleged Honduran Gang Members Arrested
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
March 14, 2005 11:07 AM  

By LARA JAKES JORDAN Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON -
More than 100 alleged members of the violent Honduran street gang MS-13 have been arrested in a nationwide sweep, authorities said Monday.

Using information from local and state law enforcement agencies, federal agents charged 103 members of the Mara Salvatrucha, or MS-13, gang with a range of criminal and immigration charges. The arrests came in the New York, Washington, Los Angeles, Baltimore, Newark, Miami and Dallas metropolitan areas over the last several weeks.

Officials said MS-13 is one of the largest and most violent street gangs in the United States, and the majority of its members are in the country illegally. The gang has carried out beheadings and grenade attacks in Central America and is known to hack their enemies with machetes in cities along the East Coast in the United States.

The arrests are the result of a new "Operation Community Shield" nationwide sting by the U.S. Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement to target violent gangs.

"By bringing the full range of ICE's immigration and customs authorities in the fight against violent street gangs, we can take hundreds of gang members off the streets and have a significant impact on community safety," said Homeland Security Assistant Secretary Michael Garcia, who is director of the ICE bureau.

Half of the alleged gang members have prior arrests or convictions for violent crimes, including murder, sodomy, assault, arson and weapons and drug possession, officials said.

In one example, on March 13 agents arrested a man who acknowledged he is a founding member and leader of the MS-13 cell in Hollywood, officials said. The man, who was charged with immigration violations, was previously convicted in the United States for robbery, possession of a dangerous weapon and mail theft.

Authorities also arrested the purported leader of the MS-13 cell in Long Branch, N.J. on March 10. The suspect has a criminal rap sheet that includes charges of arson, weapons possession and grand larceny, officials said. He was also arrested on immigration charges.

Last month, former Homeland Security Deputy Secretary James Loy called MS-13 an emerging threat to the United States, referring to the gang and the al-Qaida terrorist organization in the same breath in testimony to Congress. Besides al-Qaida, Loy said, "We are seeing the emergence of other threatening groups and gangs like MS-13 that will also be destabilizing influences."

Officials arrested 30 alleged gang members in the New York metropolitan area, the most of any of the seven cities targeted. Twenty-five were arrested in Washington, 17 in Los Angeles, and 10 each in the Baltimore, Newark and Miami areas. The last arrest came in Dallas, officials said.

On the Net:

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement: http://www.ice.gov

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 5:30:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 5:46:16 PM EDT
[#2]
here i sit eating my lunch of rice and beans (yo soy gringo damnit) and i just had to laugh at that.. but damnit.. it sucks ass when rice goes up your nose....
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 5:57:30 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
... it sucks ass when rice goes up your nose....

... If you're taking in air through your ass while inhaling through your nose, perhaps your sphincter is in the wrong part of your body.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 5:59:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Criminals, illegal immigrants, terrorists and enemy are active in every state. IMO.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 6:17:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Criminals, illegal immigrants, terrorists and enemy are active in every state. IMO.

Some more than others.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:08:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
... it sucks ass when rice goes up your nose....

... If you're taking in air through your ass while inhaling through your nose, perhaps your sphincter is in the wrong part of your body.

kindly now... expell that from your anal orifice in the most expeditious means possible...
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:40:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Just my luck. I start a legit thread on the weekly Az forum rebellion day.

Oh and Azexarms, if I start a thread or two about gangs of blonde haired blue eyed Dutch gangs to balance things out would that be ok?
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 12:11:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 12:15:19 AM EDT
[#9]
I"m gonna guess "yes"

Simply because IIRC some of those arrested were in MO as well (edit:  apparently I'm thinking of some previous activity here, not the current story), just because we happen to be "on the way" from the SW to the NE, and therefore the drugs, going from south america / mexico to wherever else, tend to travel through here.  Since ya'll are border states, I'd say its a safe bet that there is some action going on down there.

And isn't every day "forum rebellion day" 'round these parts?  (j/k -- although sometimes it seems like it from the number of threads shwoing up in active topics that later end up with 'da lock)
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 6:45:09 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Yes, the Dutch have huge problems with Biker Gangs.

about 10 years ago they were even shootnig RPGs at each other in Amsterdam.

It was kinda crazy.

D.
AZEX

Ya know, there's something about wooden shoes and a rocket launcher that I find strangely appealing.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 6:57:01 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yes, the Dutch have huge problems with Biker Gangs.

about 10 years ago they were even shootnig RPGs at each other in Amsterdam.

It was kinda crazy.

D.
AZEX

Ya know, there's something about wooden shoes and a rocket launcher that I find strangely appealing.

Liberalism at it's zenith.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 5:30:22 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

no fucking shit, now exactly why is it we haven't sealed our borders?
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 5:35:49 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Im soooo Pissed off about this crap!

BUSH do something to save our Country!

Link Posted: 3/15/2005 6:35:58 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Im soooo Pissed off about this crap!

Because Bush doesnt have the huevos(pun intended) to do so.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 9:03:12 AM EDT
[#15]
I saw something on Bill O'Reilley's show either last night or the night before where they also made a strong case to seal off the border that involved the MS-13 gang. Hopefully with all of the help we can get from FOX news and all of the other organizations we piss off with this minuteman thing something might actually get done to seal the border. Maybe Bush (who I voted for) will man up and do the right thing as he no longer has to worry about pussy-footing around to get re-elected
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 10:43:52 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I saw something on Bill O'Reilley's show either last night or the night before where they also made a strong case to seal off the border that involved the MS-13 gang. Hopefully with all of the help we can get from FOX news and all of the other organizations we piss off with this minuteman thing something might actually get done to seal the border. Maybe Bush (who I voted for) will man up and do the right thing as he no longer has to worry about pussy-footing around to get re-elected

the poruos border must somehow be in his best interest, haven't figured out why yet.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 3:19:26 PM EDT
[#17]
They are definitely in Arizona.  They kept wanting me to join because I'm pretty good with a bow staff.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 5:26:11 PM EDT
[#18]
they hang around 19ave and peoria....seen ms-13 sprayed on walls....wondered what that was!
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 5:49:37 PM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 3/16/2005 5:57:41 PM EDT
[#20]

they hang around 19ave and peoria....seen ms-13 sprayed on walls....wondered what that was!

Just curious was it "MS-13"  or "13sur"?

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 6:30:58 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
They are definitely in Arizona.  They kept wanting me to join because I'm pretty good with a bow staff.

thats the funniest thing ive read all day.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 7:59:27 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
or the streets will flow with the blood of the non-believers.

Need TP for your bunghole?
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 8:02:57 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I"m gonna guess "yes"

and isn't every day "forum rebellion day" 'round these parts?  (j/k -- although sometimes it seems like it from the number of threads shwoing up in active topics that later end up with 'da lock)

The problem is that threads show up in the Active Topics and we end up with asshats from all over the map that come into the forum, stir shit up, and get topics locked.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top