Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2005 7:21:22 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:24:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, when I was thinking of buying an M1A I went there and their prices on just about everything were great to acceptable.

.........except I wandered around their shop for about 20 minutes and no one said a word to me.

Still, I haven't heard anything BAD about them, so when someones asks me about particular weapons or best prices, I DO tell them to check SGC.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:42:53 AM EDT
[#2]
They do seem to have good prices on some firearms, but I question their honesty.  At the SAR show last month a buddy and I were looking at their display for a SA .45 Champion.  He found one with some finish wear so he asked if it was a used weapon.  "No, brand new never fired.", was the ansewer given.  The chamber/action looked like someone had run a case of Wolf through it then stuck it into the display case.  Gave the pistol back and were leaving when my buddy noticed the P-99 he had traded to them at the last show.  Took a look at that, same serial #, definately his old gun, asked the same question and got the same ansewer.  My friend ran over 1,800 rounds through that gun..."new, never fired" it was not.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:53:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Ive bought 2 guns from them at the past 2 shows. Never had a problem, and prices were lower than ANYwhere around here....

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:15:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 11:33:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 12:26:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought a brand new (supposedly) Taurus Pt92 from them last year at the gun show, it had a small scratch on the top of the barrel and the chamber looked a little polished, anyways took it out the same day and couldnt hit !@#$  with it. Maybe it was a lemon from Taurus but I assumed it was a returned pistol. I still sold it for what I bought it for 350 so I wont complain.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 2:22:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I've bought a few guns from them, never had a problem...

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:08:00 PM EDT
[#8]

It's funny how newbies come in trashing people.

I'll talk to Steve about this. I'm sure there, is two sides to this story.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:39:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Not "trashing" him.  Simply speaking what I saw, no way that .45 was new and the Walther was my friends old gun.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 5:30:14 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Does being a "newbie" automatically discount a guy's story?  I'm not trying to bag on you, but maybe Denny9526 or Sapper22 actually had a bad experience, and do not deserve being discredited just because of there newness here.  Just a thought....

BTW, if you're going to talk to Steve, and he's a friend, you might mention this to him.  I've bought around 4 or 5 guns from him.  I'm an undercvoer cop, and I look like a criminal.  Every time I've been in his store, I got bad treatment....except from him.  I was polite and outgoing each and every time.  Steve definitely acted in kind.  I cannot say the same for the people who work for him.

I suppose I could not fault his staff for acting poorly towards me, but what bothers me is how his staff treated all the officers I've referred that way (at least 40 officers in the last year that don't work UC).  Probably 90% of them called me and said that the employees there (other than Steve) were stand-offish or even rude.  There are over 3,000 officers on my department, and I refer everyone that asks me to him.  Some will never go there again.  Maybe Steve would not care, but I think he would.  A little courtesy by his staff would go a long way....
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 8:02:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Ive only bought from them at shows... Its always been the same man, with I beleive his wife. Dont know if its steve or not.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 9:10:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 9:26:54 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Does being a "newbie" automatically discount a guy's story?  I'm not trying to bag on you, but maybe Denny9526 or Sapper22 actually had a bad experience, and do not deserve being discredited just because of there newness here.  Just a thought....

BTW, if you're going to talk to Steve, and he's a friend, you might mention this to him.  I've bought around 4 or 5 guns from him.  I'm an undercvoer cop, and I look like a criminal.  Every time I've been in his store, I got bad treatment....except from him.  I was polite and outgoing each and every time.  Steve definitely acted in kind.  I cannot say the same for the people who work for him.

I suppose I could not fault his staff for acting poorly towards me, but what bothers me is how his staff treated all the officers I've referred that way (at least 40 officers in the last year that don't work UC).  Probably 90% of them called me and said that the employees there (other than Steve) were stand-offish or even rude.  There are over 3,000 officers on my department, and I refer everyone that asks me to him.  Some will never go there again.  Maybe Steve would not care, but I think he would.  A little courtesy by his staff would go a long way....

I bought a Glock from him at his store and he had some people hanging out there.  I don't know if they were employees or friends or vagrants or what.  They kind of wandered around and took guns out of the display case and screwed around with them.  I got swept several times.  Took my gun and left.  The price was right, but the atmosphere was not.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top