Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2005 11:48:26 AM EDT
Check out this link... things like this make me furious...

worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=42207

If I wanna sit at the border... picking off illegal aliens.. does that count as protecting my country from invasion!?!? hinking
-------------------------------------------------------------------

COMING TO AMERICA
How to be an illegal
Mexico government publishes guide to assist border crossers

Posted: January 2, 2005
5:26 p.m. Eastern

© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

The government of Mexico is raising eyebrows with a new comic book offering advice on how to cross the border into the U.S. illegally.

Called "The Guide for the Mexican Migrant," the 32-page book published by Mexico's Foreign Ministry uses simple language to offer information on safety, legal rights and living unobtrusively in America.

Illustrations depict illegals wading into a river, trying to evade U.S. Border Patrol and crouching near a hole in a border fence. Immigrants are also shown hiking through the desert with rock formations similar to those in Arizona and being caught by an American agent.

Among the tips offered:

"Try to walk during times when the heat is not as intense";

"Salt water helps you retain your body's liquids. Although you'll feel thirstier, if you drink water with salt the risk of dehydration is much lower";

"Thick clothing increases your weight when wet, and this makes it difficult to swim or float."
It also says if migrants get lost, they should follow train tracks or power lines. It warns of walking for days to reach towns or roads in the desert.

If caught by Border Patrol, the book says, "Don't throw stones or objects at the officer or patrol vehicles because this is considered a provocation. Raise your hands slowly so they see you are unarmed."

It also recommends not running away from agents in pursuit.:

"It's better to be detained a few hours and repatriated to Mexico than to get lost in the desert," the guide states.

The book includes a disclaimer stating it doesn't promote crossing the border illegally, but it doesn't give information about legal steps to seek a U.S. visa.

Immigration-control groups are not thrilled about the guide.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:58:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Your a little late with the news.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:22:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Ooops.. didn't know it was posted already.

My buddy just sent it over to me.. first time I saw it.

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:11:28 PM EDT
[#3]
That's funny. The guide makes no mention about wearing helmats just incase they encouter someone weilding a maglite...
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:52:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Does the manual specifically mention DEREK?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:26:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:47:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Does it mention relying on suppressing fire from their Federales to provide cover?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top