Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/1/2005 7:37:20 AM EDT
Fine.  No harm intended in my other thread.  I just wanted to know what this mysterious 4-letter word was that was getting threads locked, especially since it seemed to be an AZ/NM thing.  The fact that I used a little Spanish in my post was dumb luck.  At least the thread lasted long enough for someone to give me a definition.

Quoted:
You might think it is funny ....................like 4th graders think farting in public is funny.

You might think it is harmless...............like using any derogatory term is harmless.

You might think you can get away with it.......just because "everyone" in this forum uses it.

But I tell you,that the next one to use it in any way, will get his account locked,and It won't matter if you are a member,team member or Industry Partner.

Unfortunately,I will be gone until Monday,so you can have 3 days to bragg about using it ................UNTIL I COME BACK and lock it.

Have a happy New year!

Link Posted: 1/1/2005 7:47:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Only problem is, the definition given is incorrect.
It appears that some think it's a racist statement when it's not.  A definition was given by a couple of LEOs, including a INS officer as to what it means.
The sound is the same regardless of what race is involved.  Unless there is a tone change due to thickness of some skulls.

Link Posted: 1/1/2005 9:08:24 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
It appears that some think it's a racist statement when it's not.  A definition was given by a couple of LEOs, including a INS officer as to what it means.
The sound is the same regardless of what race is involved.  Unless there is a tone change due to thickness of some skulls.

or the Size of the Mag light involved.

Naturally a 6 D cell will sounds differently than a 4 or 2 cell light.
Link Posted: 1/1/2005 9:09:57 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

or the Size of the Mag light involved.

Naturally a 6 D cell will sounds differently than a 4 or 2 cell light.

Link Posted: 1/1/2005 9:12:21 AM EDT
[#4]
They're going to just lock the whole AZ forum soon, MANG!
Link Posted: 1/1/2005 9:22:14 AM EDT
[#5]
IBTL
Link Posted: 1/1/2005 9:44:30 AM EDT
[#6]
I had never heard of the term tell the other day. And I've been here for 20 years
Link Posted: 1/1/2005 10:13:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/1/2005 10:16:20 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
You can spend another 8 pages complaining/whining about it ....

Rock on!  
Link Posted: 1/1/2005 10:21:00 AM EDT
[#9]
But sgtar15's use of the word cracka referring to caucasions is OK?
Link Posted: 1/1/2005 10:26:01 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Is it on the list ?
Link Posted: 1/1/2005 10:27:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Spent about 10 minutes reading thru all of this drama...

You guys are
Link Posted: 1/1/2005 10:30:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/1/2005 10:53:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/1/2005 11:00:59 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Yes.

And apparently so is "honky", "redneck", "maggot", "powder", "wigger", "blue-eyed devil", "gringo", "milky", "Opie", "hick", "hillbilly", "mullet head", "mayonnaise", "white trash", "paleface", "whitey", "pinewood", "wonder bread" and others too.

Link Posted: 1/1/2005 11:48:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/1/2005 11:53:59 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I've represented plenty of...illegal ones over the past 10 years.

Link Posted: 1/1/2005 11:54:59 AM EDT
[#17]
And I said that someone taking the Lord's name in vain was highly offensive to me and was in violation of the CoC and TBK1 locked the other thread...
Link Posted: 1/1/2005 12:00:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/1/2005 12:06:37 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
And I said that someone taking the Lord's name in vain was highly offensive to me and was in violation of the CoC and TBK1 locked the other thread...

I agree with this 100%
But it's not on the list.
Link Posted: 1/1/2005 12:42:44 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Hmmm.  Isn't cracka a de facto compliment or term of respect?
Link Posted: 1/1/2005 1:00:52 PM EDT
[#21]
IBTL
Link Posted: 1/1/2005 1:03:30 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

It refers to a whip cracker, or slave driver.   Calling someone else a cracker is referring to yourself as a slave or mule.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2005 2:11:17 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It refers to a whip cracker, or slave driver.   Calling someone else a cracker is referring to yourself as a slave or mule.  

ahh...you learn something new every day.  Here I thought it was a commentary on color.
Link Posted: 1/1/2005 2:17:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Soooo....  The word in question is a description of the sound made by hitting someone with a flashlight? I have been trying to figure this out.
Link Posted: 1/1/2005 2:46:16 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Soooo....  The word in question is a description of the sound made by hitting someone with a flashlight? I have been trying to figure this out.

Yes. A big metal flashlight.
Link Posted: 1/1/2005 3:52:16 PM EDT
[#26]
OK, now I get it.
Link Posted: 1/1/2005 6:36:25 PM EDT
[#27]
ignore me I know nothing
Link Posted: 1/1/2005 6:48:22 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Not just "someone" - Illegal Aliens.

Link Posted: 1/1/2005 6:51:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Some of you can just keep it up.

...im sure site staff dosent appreciate people being sly and/or sneaky with ways of wording and continuing this senseless crap.

Sr. asked for it not to be used, and id take that as going for Not so creative ways of disscussing it aswell. I would suggest you ablige.

Show some respect guys....Damn

Link Posted: 1/1/2005 7:00:53 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

...im sure site staff dosent appreciate people being sly and/or sneaky with ways of wording and continuing this senseless crap.

Sr. asked for it not to be used, and id take that as going for Not so creative ways of disscussing it aswell. I would suggest you ablige.

Why the hell do you care what goes on in the ARIZONA Hometown forum???

Go back to Wisconsin and bring your Politically-correct bullshit with you.

Funny, the whole "political-correctness" movement BEGAN in Madison Wisconsin - you Badgers just can't keep your noses out of other people's business can you?

Link Posted: 1/1/2005 7:35:47 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why the hell do you care what goes on in the ARIZONA Hometown forum???

Go back to Wisconsin and bring your Politically-correct bullshit with you.

Funny, the whole "political-correctness" movement BEGAN in Madison Wisconsin - you Badgers just can't keep your noses out of other people's business can you?

www.badgerbadgerbadger.com

Jay
Link Posted: 1/1/2005 7:41:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Yep the one thing this place lacks very badly,RESPECT!Idiots that think its all right to put others down based on their race(white,black,and brown),should have their accounts locked.
Link Posted: 1/1/2005 7:45:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Has nothing to do with my Birth State of AZ its a matter of something that was asked by site staff not to be done and yes its been all over the boards not just in AZ hometown...as ive seen from many of your past posts The_Macallan your the last person to direct any sort of respect in much of any normal way to anyone.

So take that Evil Do'er
Link Posted: 1/1/2005 7:46:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Shit, we have a pest problem.....ya turn on the lights and look at all the NON AZ cockroaches scurrying about.
Link Posted: 1/1/2005 7:47:58 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Yep the one thing this place lacks very badly,RESPECT!Idiots that think its all right to put others down based on their race(white,black,and brown),should have their accounts locked.

Thats the problem right there, ITS NOT A RACIAL SLUR... WE ARE TALKING ABOUT CRIMINALS....BAD GUYS WHO GET HIT IN THE HEAD WITH A FLASHLIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there a counter top around here I can jump up on and start screaming from??
Link Posted: 1/1/2005 7:52:38 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Has nothing to do with my Birth State of AZ its a matter of something that was asked by site staff not to be done and yes its been all over the boards not just in AZ hometown...as ive seen from many of your past posts The_Macallan your the last person to direct any sort of respect in much of any normal way to anyone.

So take that Evil Do'er

No,idea of what you are talking about.
Link Posted: 1/1/2005 7:53:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Since all I have is a small Surfire, Im guessing it would make more of a "TINK" sound, Just as soon as I get back downrange I will beat my Latina wife with my surefire and give yall a range report
Link Posted: 1/1/2005 7:57:01 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Since all I have is a small Surfire, Im guessing it would make more of a "TINK" sound, Just as soon as I get back downrange I will beat my Latina wife with my surefire and give yall a range report

why thank you, I was kind of curious about the surefire sound

I was thinking it would make more of a "thwack" sound than anything
Link Posted: 1/1/2005 7:57:13 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats the problem right there, ITS NOT A RACIAL SLUR... WE ARE TALKING ABOUT CRIMINALS....BAD GUYS WHO GET HIT IN THE HEAD WITH A FLASHLIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now stop with the truth would ya.
It's been said that someone used it in reference to someone other than an illegal.
But, IF TRUE, instead of dealing with the individual in question, the idea is to ban a word.
NOTHING creates more interest in an otherwise minor issue than having that issue outlawed.
Link Posted: 1/1/2005 7:59:30 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh just great, now "tink" and "Thwack" will be banned !!
Pretty soon it will be IMPOSSIBLE to quote a standard comic book fight scene or the old Batman TV series here !!
Link Posted: 1/1/2005 8:01:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Honk Honk

Link Posted: 1/1/2005 8:01:02 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

I punched QS in the chest with it yesterday and it didnt make any sound.  

Anyone else have a problem with that "Sprong" sound of the buffer moving when executing a buttstroke to the head?

Link Posted: 1/1/2005 8:04:38 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Anyone else have a problem with that "Sprong" sound of the buffer moving when executing a buttstroke to the head?

yeah I do, I'm a proponent of bayonetting someone, so I take offense to buttstrokes
Link Posted: 1/1/2005 8:13:25 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, it's that layer of FAT that deadens the sound
Link Posted: 1/1/2005 8:14:25 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Perp"
"Mutt"
"Tweaker"
"Scrote"
"220"
"Adam Henry"
"Toe Rag"
"Lot Lizzard"
"Buffalo"
"JIT"
"Cranker"
"Skel"
"Turd"
"Slink"
"10-96"
"Chickenhead"
"T***"

And on and on... these are describing CRIMINALS based on their CRIMINAL ACTIVITY, nothing to do  with race.

Link Posted: 1/1/2005 8:32:10 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

So take that Evil Do'er

So what if you were born here! I was born in Milwaukee, but you don't see me trolling the WI board do you?

Which boards has it been all over? Please supply links...
Link Posted: 1/1/2005 8:32:37 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
as ive seen from many of your past posts The_Macallan your the last person to direct any sort of respect in much of any normal way to anyone.

huh?  
Link Posted: 1/1/2005 8:34:19 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I keep getting funny looks when I administer buttstrokes while maintaining a good cheek weld, so I can't give a decisive answer.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2005 8:35:34 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I keep getting funny looks when I administer buttstrokes while maintaining a good cheek weld, so I can't give a decisive answer.  

with a good cheekweld? you sir are a better buttstroker than i

that sounds so gay
Link Posted: 1/1/2005 8:36:38 PM EDT
[#50]
All of AZ gets locked on Monday.

Maybe one NM too.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top