Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2004 4:24:21 AM EDT
I live in Mesa and want to get my CCW. Can you guys suggest a decently priced outfit that I can get the 16 hours of training? Also...does having an Arizona CCW negate a federal background check when you purchase a weapon? Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:52:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Glendale Community College does good courses.  And yes, you don't have to mess with the background check when you buy new guns.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:04:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Dan Furbee does a good job of it:

Ultimate Accessories
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:17:05 AM EDT
[#3]
+1 ultimate accessories.

I have taken it there, and numerous friends have taken it there.  Very flexible schedules.  
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:17:19 AM EDT
[#4]
+1 for Dan hell of a great guy. He is a ret. Mesa cop and his course is outstanding. I did my requal w/ him. I'll go back for my next requal.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:26:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Another +1 for ultimate accessories because I did my renewal there too.  (Dems in Florida vote twice, so why not me?)

They do all the finger printing at packet work on site.  All I had to do was swing by Albertson's for a money order and drop the envelope in the mailbox on the way out the door.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 2:45:07 PM EDT
[#6]
There are also 2 board members who are CCW Instructors. I happen to be one of them, but I'm not currently running any 16 hour courses since I don't have a shop to hold the classes in. Just the 4 hour refresher which can be done at the range.

The other member is prebans (Mike) who I understand runs an outstanding course... I'm sure he'll chime in here or you can always IM him..He lives in Apache Junction..
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:58:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 9:12:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:01:14 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
There are also 2 board members who are CCW Instructors. I happen to be one of them, but I'm not currently running any 16 hour courses since I don't have a shop to hold the classes in. Just the 4 hour refresher which can be done at the range.

The other member is prebans (Mike) who I understand runs an outstanding course... I'm sure he'll chime in here or you can always IM him..He lives in Apache Junction..

Gold Canyon, damnitall!  

The4thHorseman, an AZ CCW does negate NICS.  

I just had a class last week.  I've got a weekend course (2 days at 8 hours) coming up in AJ on Nov 13-14 and a weekday (4 evenings at 4 hours + range qualification) coming up in Mesa on Nov 16-19 + 20.

If you're interested, cost is 69.95 per person.

Thanks!

Mike
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top