Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2004 5:18:15 PM EDT
  I am in Mesa on business at the moment. Before I came out here, my Father told me that when he went to flight school here back in the 50's, they used to go to a place called The Western Tavern in Chandler.
 Does anybody know if this place still exists? I would like to checkk it out and maybe get a picture there for Dad.

Thanks,
ktm500
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 5:30:33 PM EDT
[#1]
www.montis.com/lahistory.htm

1946 to 1956 Leonard operates dining area of Western Tavern, Chandler
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:30:07 PM EDT
[#2]
It was on the Northwest corner of Chandler Blvd and Kyrene Rd. It got torn down about 5 years ago it had been open for several years.
Later,
Gavino
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 1:58:36 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It was on the Northwest corner of Chandler Blvd and Kyrene Rd. It got torn down about 5 years ago it had been open for several years.
Later,
Gavino

... kinda like Norton's Corner.

... Shed a small tear when they razed that shithole last year. I remember stories about my dad and his partner getting in a scuffle with some drunk cowboys there when he was an LEO in my youth.

... 20 years later, myself and a buddy carry on the tradition by getting into a fracas there with some drunk cowboys during a "Gilbert Days" celebration
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 2:55:40 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Later,
Gavino

... kinda like Norton's Corner.

... Shed a small tear when they razed that shithole last year. I remember stories about my dad and his partner getting in a scuffle with some drunk cowboys there when he was an LEO in my youth.

... 20 years later, myself and a buddy carry on the tradition by getting into a fracas there with some drunk cowboys during a "Gilbert Days" celebration

Yep, sad tradition gone. As a 14 year old kid, we used to launch water baloons into NC's parking lot as it closed. We pissed off many drunken shit kickers in those days....
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 1:50:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank you very much everyone.

I will have to drive down to where it was and find the closest place to have a steak. Dad said that when he was here he would always try to hitch a ride with someone so that he could go get a steak at the Western Tavern. I will let him know that I got as close to it as possible.

thanks again,
ktm500

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top