Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2004 1:33:40 PM EDT

And we still have Kalifornians moving here. We need to try for 150 days next year.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:04:07 PM EDT
[#1]
The problem is those days were not significantly over 100 degrees.  We need to hit about 129 degrees out to curb the influx of RETARDS.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:48:10 PM EDT
[#2]
... I'm a native, what's your excuses?
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:50:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm a native of '68 vintage. Parent's moved here in '47 and '49.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:55:49 PM EDT
[#4]
You guys are making me want to move to Phoenix ...
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 4:37:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll take 109 days of 100* weather vs 109 days of rain any day.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 4:41:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Family moved to AZ in the late 1800's.

I came here in '69(BABY)!
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 4:55:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Me too, Cleatus.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:05:17 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Family moved to AZ in the late 1800's.

... part of the Donner party?
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:26:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Ive been here 3 weeks.. lol

Went back home this past weekend. Even this early into my time here, I can honestly say that I now HATE, HATE, HATE California (ns). Sorry Im taking up a small part of the state, I couldnt resist.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:40:26 PM EDT
[#10]

I would have to say that working 9 summer's here in the A/C field counts for me as a die hard Zonie.

We may of had 109 days over 100.  But the bad part for the A/C industry, is we only had 9 days over 110 degrees.

This has really hurt the A/C business, equipment sales and service. It was the worst business summer, in decades here for the A/C industry.

I've been here a little over eight years. This was my ninth summer working on A/C's in Phoenix.

I'm barley making ends meet. Even had to change companies in July, due to work being too slow.

I have no alternative but to try and make it thru the winter. While getting my A/C license and start my own business next spring.  Hopefully this will be a cold winter.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 8:35:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Moved here in '77 when I was 10. I've put in 27 long , hot yrs here. I've seen 122 degrees, as well as snow covered saguaros. I think I've earned the right to be considered a native, or at least an honorary native!
I remember when everything north of Peoria Ave was dirt rds. Wasn't THAT long ago we would go shooting right in back of Thunderbird Park. Those were the days.....
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 11:43:41 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
And we still have Kalifornians moving here. We need to try for 150 days next year.

Noooo......... It will just drive them to move to Tucson and to Prescott. They'll wreck two of the best places in Arizona.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:02:14 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Noooo......... It will just drive them to move to Tucson and to Prescott. They'll wreck two of the best places in Arizona.

I think the idiots that are in the Gov't in Kali are already here in the Gov't in Pima Co.  

Don't forget about Sierra Vista....I think that place could be a real diamond in the rough.

Wes
BTW, summer is a piece o' cake here in AZ compared to the ATL.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:07:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Born in Alaska, raised in WA. I'm coming to visit ya'll sometime in December. I want to move down, but thats a ways off.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:13:08 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
 I would have to say that working 9 summer's here in the A/C field counts for me as a die hard Zonie.

We may of had 109 days over 100.  But the bad part for the A/C industry, is we only had 9 days over 110 degrees.

This has really hurt the A/C business, equipment sales and service. It was the worst business summer, in decades here for the A/C industry.

I've been here a little over eight years. This was my ninth summer working on A/C's in Phoenix.

I'm barley making ends meet. Even had to change companies in July, due to work being too slow.

I have no alternative but to try and make it thru the winter. While getting my A/C license and start my own business next spring.  Hopefully this will be a cold winter.

So THAT's why my local sales sucked this year.  

Let me know if you need a coil supplier, I work for a manufacuturer here in the valley...

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:45:42 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Exactly.

Except it's more like 209 days of rain up here.
Plus, it's cold (less than 68°) at least as often.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:55:05 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly.

And Oregon has better weather than WA
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:38:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Ive had the AZ mentality for about 20 years now (My grandpa gave that to me).. Am I more welcome now??  I really do love it here...

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:28:36 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I refer to myself as a "born-again native". I may not have been born here, but by god it is my home . I still wish we had bought the Berlin wall and put it up along our side of the Colorado River to keep the damn liberal Kalifornians out.

I think the way to tell if someone is a "real" Arizonan is based on how they react to being told more Kalifornicators are moving in -- if they reach for a rifle, they're cool.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 12:54:24 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
based on how they react to being told more Kalifornicators are moving in -- if they reach for a rifle, they're cool.

Sounds familiar to those of us in Washington. Of course, Washington has been a commie state since at least 1920
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 1:12:26 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly.

And Oregon has better weather than WA

And we're allowed to posess machine guns
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 1:54:23 PM EDT
[#22]
I have to agrre in spades with MP5 guy. Az USED to be the home of the conservative cowboy......what the hell happened!?!? An influx of pablum puking, bleeding heart liberals from Kalifornia, and a few choice mid western states, that's what happened.  You used to be able to go out and enjoy yourself, but now it's "you can't shoot here, don't drive your Jeep there" etc.
I used to admire, and envy the folks that had the insight and financial ability to buy a few acres or so "out in the sticks." Now that "out is the sticks" ir right smack in the middle of town in many instances, I really feel for these people. Their whole way of life is disrupted, they've lost their tranquility, and now their forced to abide by rules/laws that are being pushed upon them by people who couldn't even find Az on a map back when these people originally bought their land. Home Owners Associations......don't even get me started!
There....I feel better!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top