Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2004 6:06:54 PM EDT
Why did they put "USE BLACK BALLPOINT PEN", but include a slip that says "Use #2 Pencil"??

It's been a couple elections since I used these early mail-ins, so which is it?  The pencil shit seems like someone could change it!
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:24:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I didn't get the slip that said #2 pencil.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:51:39 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I didn't get the slip that said #2 pencil.

Really?  It was in my Grandpas to.  That's where I saw it first was visiting him.  It was stuck between the proposition fold out.  I'd take a picture, but uploading the pics to my other computer is a pain.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 5:16:14 AM EDT
[#3]
My ballot just says at the top in red....

EARLY VOTING
USE BLACK BALL POINT PEN.
DO NOT USE FELT TIP PEN.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:31:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Got one in mine also.  Heard the County Recorder on the radio say you can use either, #2 pencil or black ball point pen.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:02:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Got one in mine also.  Heard the County Recorder on the radio say you can use either, #2 pencil or black ball point pen.

Strange.  I would think if a computer reads it it would require one marking object only.  Either way, I used a pen and my votes went out yesterday!
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:21:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:20:45 PM EDT
[#7]
eh, I'm just going to the polling booth.

I took the day off, plus its my birthday.  I hope I get 4 more years of GW as my gift.
Unfortunately, I'm skeptical.   Where I work everyone are Kerry commies, all talking about how the necessities of life should be provided free from daddy government...
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:24:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, that's it!  Stupid to put in a slip telling you one thing and the ballot stating another.  I guess if it doesn't matter then it's a moot point.

I'm satisfied with my votes overall.  I didn't vote for McCain or Sheriff Joe.  Fuck them.  I hate McCain, so I voted for his third party opponent.  Hancock I think.  I doubt it will matter though.  Everyone else was Republican as far as I recall.  Bush (obviously), Shadegg, and all the local seats were Rep votes from me as well.  Voted no on Prop 400, yes on the 200, no on 300, yes 102.  Pretty much all the suggestions here I applied.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top