Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2004 7:43:57 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:46:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Other than the out-dated info "All Ameetec Arms rifles are configured and sold as Post-Ban, and have limits placed on their available configuration by the Assault Weapon Ban. They may not be assembled with collapsing/telescoping stocks, bayonet lugs, flash hiders, or non-BATF approved muzzle brakes", it looks fine. :)

TimW
Phoenix
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:50:19 PM EDT
[#2]
That's a lot better than it was with one exception:

Those pictures are tiny.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:55:08 PM EDT
[#3]
The writing on the left for the different catagories is tiny.  I did not even bother trying to read them, I just clicked on them.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 8:01:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 9:09:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Overall looks good

I would like to see bigger font on the links on the left.
I would like to be able to click on the pics for a bigger image.

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 9:15:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I second the click to zoom in on bigger pictures. I like to see what I'm getting.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 9:22:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Clear, concise, fast.  I like it.  Clicky thumbnails would be a bonus.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 10:08:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I thought you offered complete uppers and lowers in different configurations?

No good ban info and pinned stocks in the descriptions.

Other than that all good!
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 10:19:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Font size is fine, I use a 17" monitor.  Actually can see all the pics now. Only have dial up service so the thumbnail pics actually load before I can get a beer from the fridge. Note to self move fridge closer to computer.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:12:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I think your logo at the top is too big, and doesn't leave enough room to display the stuff for sale.

I'd like to be able to click on any of the pictures of the stuff for sale and see a much bigger picture with better detail.

The "about us" page: Paragraph beginning with "Our goal is" is in all caps, WHICH MAKES IT HARD TO READ.

The "contact us" page:  Your first two options are Complaint and Problem.  Praise is the last choice.  Kinda gives the impression you get lots of complaints and problems.

The "specials" page:  Shows your lowers for sale.  Includes the phrase "Also shown in the white for  illustration purposes", but alas, that just ain't true.

Again, the more I click around on the site, the more that huge logo bugs me.  Too much scrolling to see the real info because of that.

The "login" screen comes up huge for such a small amount of text.  No password box, just a login box and an enter button.  What's the purpose of this?

Someone else already commented about the pre-ban/post-ban language that's not needed anymore.

Home page " All orders are shipped  ...  USPS postal service."  Since USPS means United States Postal Service, you then ship by US Postal Service postal service?  

Comment on the restocking fee has FEE capitalized.  Typo.

No privacy information statement - what info do you collect and what do you do with it?

On the complete firearms page, why mention that FET is included?  95% of people won't even know what this is, except for the .gov people who know they're exempt.

At the end of the description for the Tactical Master Charging Handle Latch  -  Made in Arizona, USA.sdfgdf.  - must be a typo

References to "mil-spec" vary from "mil-spec" to "Mil-Spec" to "Mil-spec"

Description on your 20 round mag "An excellent qualtiy steel mag."

Those are the most obvious things that I saw when reviewing the site.  Any more detailed and I'd have to charge you.  
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:02:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Looks good to me..
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:08:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Lools great!

One note for improvement.  The writting on the left is too small.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:08:27 AM EDT
[#13]
... Pretty snazzy!
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:50:39 AM EDT
[#14]
YA....... I  love  BIG  PICS
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:30:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Your old one worked better for me.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:10:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:09:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Better than the old website...

...But I'm not a big fan of the text you used.  It's hard to read.  Go back to the old text.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:17:55 AM EDT
[#18]
I like moving my cursor up and down the links on the left to hear the gunshots.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 11:11:15 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Heh, you aren't the only one.  Damn short attention span!
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 11:42:08 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

however, not so good for those of us at work, my boss just said "got me"

hmmm
TXL
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 11:53:03 AM EDT
[#21]
I'll give my $0.02 as well...

Gunshot sounds @ work?  I thought about that.  Solution?  Speakers --> off  

The table of contents flash menu is cool - it resizes itself based on how big your browser windows is - cool.  If it's too small for you, open your browser full-screen.  Looks like the logo up top was reduced in size as well.

Those of you who have to scroll on the home page...  holy cow!  Are you running your resolution at 640x480 or 800x600?!  That was the "standard" back in the late 90's, but if you're running anything less than 1024x768, it's probably time to upgrade...  

I think the lowers are on the "specials" page because they (according to his ad in the EE) normally sell at $125.

I think the "Login" link would be to "login".  If you don't know the login, my guess is that it doesn't pertain to you.  

I like it, but no one has mentioned the biggest difference:  the ability to purchase on-line!  Very cool "upgrade" if you ask me.    IIRC, the other site was just a static page.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 12:01:39 PM EDT
[#22]
1.  The blue background reminds me of the blue screen of death from the DOS days.

2.  Lose the gunshot sounds.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:30:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Eliminate the sound effects.  Very  annoying.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:58:54 PM EDT
[#24]
personally i like white backgrounds with black text, but that is a personal thing.  my reasoning is that our eyes are accustom to black text on white background - books, magazines, newspapers, etc.

as far as the site i like it a lot better now than before as it looked too much like asa's site.

1.  on the specials page you have "Also shown in the white for illustration purposes" which i do not find anything in white

2.  the counter needs to go - webstats are there for you, the site owner to see how people navigate through your site, where they come form, etc.  since i know the site is new, no big deal how only ~500 browsers have taken a look but others that don't know it is new may think you are just new into the biz

3.  the pics need be able to be clicked on to show a larger pic

4.  the about us / contact us pages - very hard to read as it is italics and also bold in some areas

5.  i think the font  should be the same type and size throughout the entire site with very few exceptions.

just out of curiosity, what does ameetec stand for?

one last question is how long are the ameetec stripped lowers going to be $90?

all in all a nice change :)

i hate to be a pain in the ass, but after further investigation it appears that some of your pages have a reference from asa ->

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<!-- saved from url=(0027)http://www.ameetecarms.com/ -->
<!-- saved from url=(0034)http://www.gunkits.com/rifles.html -->

your site creator needs to clean up the code and get this sh!t from asa out of there...

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:06:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Much better than previous arrangement. Placed an order I was so impressed.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:20:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 12:02:30 AM EDT
[#27]
No sounds, ever, never, but at least it's only when you click.

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:55:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Anyone buy anything from this site? Saw the 20 ROUND STRAIGHT STEEL PRE-BAN MAGAZINE for a decent price...was wondering watch make/manufacture they are...and if they are worth it.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 10:12:19 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Anyone buy anything from this site? Saw the 20 ROUND STRAIGHT STEEL PRE-BAN MAGAZINE for a decent price...was wondering watch make/manufacture they are...and if they are worth it.

read here

But they are out of stock on those for another week,
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 11:49:24 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
read here

But they are out of stock on those for another week,

Thank you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top