Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2004 6:59:11 AM EDT
Form 4 mailed to BATFE:  September 03
Received and deposited:  September 07
Approved Form 4 received at my dealer:  October 07

Gonna go pick up my new Lakeside .22lr can today.    

God bless the corporate route-- the Form 3 approval actually took a week longer than the Form 4 approval!

Mike
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:04:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Woohooo... congrats Mike. I know you were stoked about that. Let us know how she handles. Now that you're in BFE, there should be plenty of pests to eliminate which you can now do without disturbign the neighbors.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 11:58:09 AM EDT
[#2]

God bless the corporate route

Will that is my new plan of action. I just got a letter from the CLEO stating "no go"

That was fast mike, I have been fighting for my can sence July!
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 12:29:44 PM EDT
[#3]
God bless the corporate route

+1
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:10:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I am a corporation, how does that help exactly? I've always wanted to get some NFA toys.

Kevin
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:59:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I am a corporation, how does that help exactly? I've always wanted to get some NFA toys.

Kevin

A corporation can bypass the local po po signature form.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 1:14:27 PM EDT
[#6]
timeless,

Which CLEO said "no go"?
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 1:17:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh, goddamn, I was like "30 fucking days!!"  but then I saw it was corporate.  I'll be thrilled to get my Form 1 I mailed last week back by fucking Christmas...
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 1:51:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Just picked up mine from Sherrif Joe.  Need to sent to BTAF now.

I hope mine goes as fast!!!!
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 2:39:11 PM EDT
[#9]

timeless,

Which CLEO said "no go"?

I have to find the letter, I belive it was a Lt. John somthing or another.
In my 20's I got a DUI comming home from a party. I don't think I will ever
be able to own Class III in this county because of that. It was my first and only
DUI.  It's too bad because of that one time im now a drunk bad guy.

If that partial name dosn't ring a bell I will post his full name tonight.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 4:01:13 PM EDT
[#10]
timeless,

No, that's okay.   No need for a specific name.   I now understand that you're talking about M.C.S.O.   At first, I wasn't sure what county you were in where a CLEO wouldn't sign.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:31:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Well, I've been testing her out since last Friday.

(Cartman)Sweeeeeeet(/Cartman)

The full velocity stuff is quieted but still has the supersonic crack.  

The subsonic is pleasant to shoot in open areas but is noisy in an enclosed house.  No supersonic crack though.

CB long rifle works great on a feral cats.  I don't know how I know this-- I think I heard it here on ARFCOM once.  ...and that's my story and I'm sticking to it.  

I also loaded it up with Colobri powderless stuff and hung a blacklight out back-- I think I developed a new game-- 'whack the scorpion!'    Took out a flying rat (pigeon) or two as well.

It also went on an American 180-- yes, it's rated for full auto fire!

For you guys sick of the MCSO bullshit, head down to the Arizona Corporation Commission and pick up a "LLC packet."  Fill it out.  Take it back with a check for $85.00.  Wait a 2 weeks.  Pick up the approved packed.  Publish notice of forming the LLC in a "newspaper of record"-- this will take 3 weeks and will cost about $30.00.  (The corporation commission will give you a list of newspapers that are okay for this.)

You're now done.  That's it.  5 weeks one time and you're done to save 5 months forever.

Filling out a Corporate Form 1 SBR next,

Mike
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 9:48:28 PM EDT
[#12]
I noticed some talk about corporate route on this post, I just recieved my FIRST form 4 a couple of days ago reg'd to my corp.  I gotta say I never thought it would be so easy yet so frick'n complicated at the same time.

first lesson I learned:             ATF(against telling facts)        If you call the NFA branch of the ATF and talk to 10 different people on 10 different occasions you will end up with 35 different answers for the same question.  You can email them directly through there web site and you will get a straight answer In 45-60 days.

second lesson I learned:    Dealers don't always know (anything)          Now I gotta tell you this my transfering dealer hadn't done a corp. transfer before so that had a lot to do with it,  but I tried to remedy this by calling other dealers from coast to coast allin all about ten.  Of all these people who are in the bizz still couldn,t answer all my Q's.  Only one actualy told me he didn't no for sure, Center Of Mass in LV, NV. (good people there)

Third lesson I learned:      IT'S WORTH IT!

HK TAC .45 w/CCF IMPULSE II-A CARBON

If anyone thinking of going the corporate route and having the trouble with paperwork (how to fill out, what to send, paper work after the fact to stay legal, etc....)  I'd be happy to help or point you in the right direction.
                                                                Matt

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:13:22 PM EDT
[#13]
The only issue w/the corporate route is that if you ever dissolve or sell the corporation, the NFA weap goes with it...otherwise it's another transfer to you, which gets you right back to the long wait.

IMO, and I can go the corporate route if I want, is do the Form 4 for the supressor. It's then YOURS, not the corporation's.

TimW
Phoenix
Practical Tactical, LLC
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:35:45 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
The only issue w/the corporate route is that if you ever dissolve or sell the corporation, the NFA weap goes with it...otherwise it's another transfer to you, which gets you right back to the long wait.

IMO, and I can go the corporate route if I want, is do the Form 4 for the supressor. It's then YOURS, not the corporation's.

TimW
Phoenix
Practical Tactical, LLC

If the corporation goes 'Tango-Uniform', he'll just have to do the paperwork and have them transfered in his name after doing the paperwork again. But, he will also have to get CLEO signatures, fingerprints, pictures and pay the taxes on each weapon....

Something else to consider when you go the corporate route: (This was copied from James O. Bardwell's writings on www.titleii.com)

"Also be aware that
corporations have no 4th amendment right (I think he meant 5th) against self-
incrimination, and the restrictions the NFA law places on the use
of information provided to ATF under the Act (26 U.S.C. sec. 5844)
only apply to information provided by natural persons, not
corporations.  You are giving up some of the privacy provided by
law to flesh and blood people when you acquire your guns through a
corporation."
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:38:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Corporate officers still have 5th Ammendment rights though.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:54:37 PM EDT
[#16]
This is one thing I will say that for me was a huge positive on going the corp route.
I am a buss. owner, and my employees include, my wife, my son, my brother, and his wife.
Some thing I could not do on a reg. to myself is ever alow them to possess an nfa item out of my presence.  With the corp. this is not a problem.  Also if anything should ever happen to me (god forbid) there will be no transfer necesary.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:56:19 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
This is one thing I will say that for me was a huge positive on going the corp route.
I am a buss. owner, and my employees include, my wife, my son, my brother, and his wife.
Some thing I could not do on a reg. to myself is ever alow them to possess an nfa item out of my presence.  With the corp. this is not a problem.  Also if anything should ever happen to me (god forbid) there will be no transfer necesary.

Do they have to corp. officers, or just employees?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 12:18:17 AM EDT
[#18]
either/or
a corporate resolution has to be drawn up that says which officer/employee is going to be in possesion and time frame,   date from date to
side note they have to be legaly able to possess meaning of age, not a felon, and wouldn't be breaking any local or state laws
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:54:39 AM EDT
[#19]
One other thing-- if you want other people to be able to use your NFA stuff (family members, etc.), a corp will allow for that.  Just make 'em members of the corp-- that makes them just as legit to possess as you are!

Mike
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:50:15 AM EDT
[#20]
i did the corp route on a benelli M1 SBR and a krinkov SBR. they did come back fast, like 30 days and the company paid for them. i don't plan on selling my business anytime soon so i won't worry for now. it kinda freakd my CPA out a little bit though! i just need rifle to entertain vendors and customers when they come into town! i keep draggin my feet on getting the fullauto FNC though.

i did my last 2 NFA items (cans for a P22 and uzi 9mm) on a personal purchase. 100 days and counting!!

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 10:13:23 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
i did the corp route on a benelli M1 SBR and a krinkov SBR. they did come back fast, like 30 days and the company paid for them. i don't plan on selling my business anytime soon so i won't worry for now. it kinda freakd my CPA out a little bit though! i just need rifle to entertain vendors and customers when they come into town! i keep draggin my feet on getting the fullauto FNC though.

i did my last 2 NFA items (cans for a P22 and uzi 9mm) on a personal purchase. 100 days and counting!!

Form 1 (built it yourself) or Form 4?

Mike
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 10:30:12 AM EDT
[#22]
PREBANS,

which items are you asking about? the benelli and krink are from4. the uzi and ar15 i built myself but still had the local class 3 guy do the paper work.

the cans are form 4.

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 11:41:54 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
PREBANS,

which items are you asking about? the benelli and krink are from4. the uzi and ar15 i built myself but still had the local class 3 guy do the paper work.

the can are form 4.

I just wanted to know your experiences if you did a Form 1 with a corporation.  

Mike
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top