Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2004 5:36:58 PM EDT
I`ll be going to Phoenix from Ft Worth this Thanksgiving & I want to take my AR out so the grandkids can shoot it.  I would like to know if an out of state person could get in any trouble with the AZ or NM law for carrying a rifle in their car.  It will be unloaded & out of reach.  All advice appreciated, thanks.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:42:32 PM EDT
[#1]
You can carry it any way you want in AZ.  If I have mine in the car, IT'S LOADED!  
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:24:58 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I`ll be going to Phoenix from Ft Worth this Thanksgiving & I want to take my AR out so the grandkids can shoot it.  I would like to know if an out of state person could get in any trouble with the AZ or NM law for carrying a rifle in their car.  It will be unloaded & out of reach.  All advice appreciated, thanks.  

There is hardly any place in America where you cannot carry your unloaded out-of-reach firearm in your vehicle while on a peaceful journey out of state.  If you are on the road, your car is like your home.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:14:36 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You can carry it any way you want in AZ.  If I have mine in the car, IT'S LOADED!  

+1

I like having my M4 sitting on the seat next to me...it makes me feel warm
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:09:28 PM EDT
[#4]

According to Gun Owners Traveler's Guide.

New Mexico guns may be carried loaded and concealed.

Arizona guns can be loaded and only concealed only if you have ccw (trunk or glovebox is an exception). If you have a Texas ccw we have a reciprocity with you. Conceal and carry loaded how ever you'd like to then.

If you don't have a Texas ccw,  then you can open carry any type of gun and loaded.

It's great to live in the S.W.  So come on over to the UZI Triangle.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 10:05:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Traveler's Guide to the Firearm Laws of the Fifty States

New Mexico   Vehicle  carry and transportation : loaded, concealed  firearms may be carried anywhere in a private automobile for self protection  hand
Texas Vehicle  carry and transportation : loaded long guns may be carried anywhere  
Open carry of handguns  prohibited while on foot  
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 4:27:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks to all for the info.  I was pretty sure long guns wouldnt be a problem but I felt better asking.  I knew peolpe from AZ & NM would be able to give me good info.  Thanks again,  DAVE
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 4:32:32 PM EDT
[#7]
You can have a pistol loaded in the vehicle if it is in a holster or case.

My state will not allow long arms to be loaded. They have arrested hunters for propping rifles against tailgates before. Handguns loaded only if you have CCW. I hate this communist state.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:28:08 PM EDT
[#8]
FREE  web site on state gun laws ect.   www.packing.orgh.gifhy.gifhug.gifhippie.gifh.gif[
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top