Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2004 5:13:43 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:16:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Thank you for that information.  It will certainly come in handy when I am punching ballots.  Notice the amount of Democrats who warranted an A?  I found that odd.

On a side note, I have never been an Arpaio fan.  I think he began doing an excellent job, but it has sprouted into a political and financial venture.  Seems his biggest fan clubs are Scottsdale and Sun City West...  

But I had always thought he was pro-gun, pro-carry, etc?  Was I just wrong or have his political views changed recently?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:08:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Arpaio is the one that wanted to creat checkpoints in and out of Maricopa County to search all cars for drugs (what would you expect from ex-DEA).

He also created Project LEAD, which has, in essence, caused all cops to run serial numbers of all guns in cars or on your person....creating a huge database of serial numbers associated with individuals.

I once asked a pro-gun DPS officer if he'd run my pistol if I got pulled over.
"yes"
"Why?"
"Cuz it might be stolen"
"Would you run the serial numbers of the two TV's I had in the back of my truck? They could be stolen, too."
"No."

We went round and round on this...I got the feeling it was a policy, but he never said so.

But, remember, kids, there is no gun registration in this state.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:12:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Anyone have any info on W Steven Martin?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top