Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2004 4:43:27 PM EDT
It looks like Javier has made it to the Greater Phoenix metropolitan area. We're getting pounded in North Phoenix. WOoT!!

AB
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:16:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Finally, in the eastern Pacific, Tropical Storm Javier is about 80 miles west of Cabo San Lazaro, Mexico. Javier, because of cooler ocean waters and increasing wind shear aloft, is only a low level circulation devoid of any thunderstorms as it approaches the peninsula. A trough of low pressure digging into the western US is currently pulling moisture from Javier into parts of Arizona. Rain may be heavy in cities like Phoenix by early Sunday and localized flash flooding is likely to occur across the Four Corners' states.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:29:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Love it!  Probably the only place in the country that loves it when it rains like this.  I hope it rains for two days like they are predicting.  Turned off the AC and opened the sliding door and enjoying the cool temps. that comes with rain.  This is what I love about AZ.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:05:47 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Love it!  Probably the only place in the country that loves it when it rains like this.  I hope it rains for two days like they are predicting.  Turned off the AC and opened the sliding door and enjoying the cool temps. that comes with rain.  This is what I love about AZ.  

Damn straight! House will be aired out tonight!!

AB
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:36:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn straight! House will be aired out tonight!!

AB

+1
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:32:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, it really started coming down when I was at Peoria Sports Complex for Edgefest.  I have never been so wet from rain before.

It was coming down so hard that it was hard to drive my truck home.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:34:56 PM EDT
[#6]
If rain dont beat all!
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:48:27 PM EDT
[#7]
got some good pics of the guns out in the wet dirt afterwards..

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 10:53:39 PM EDT
[#8]

Nice 82A1 Zukem.

Would be nice if they made a Beta mag for it now. A nice fifty rounder.

That baby can make thunder on it's own.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 10:57:23 PM EDT
[#9]
... a most excellent segway zukem!

... Yup the rain was great!

... As I understand it, our bruthas & sistas in Casa Grande got royally pounded. Went down there through the rains' transition northward. Made for an interesting road trip.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:20:03 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm a huge fan of the rain.. I always take the boys out to play when it comes.   Sky looks like we might get some more tonight as well.

-luke
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 12:32:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Damn, that was a storm!  I was sitting over at the ASU game, and got soaked.

But it was worth it, so see a whoopin' like that.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:36:00 PM EDT
[#12]
It was a nice weekend
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:04:15 PM EDT
[#13]
We were out the range training, it was awesome.  I have not shot the AR in very hard rain like we got today, it was an eye opening experience.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:48:33 PM EDT
[#14]
The rain got up here to Albuquerque yesterday evening, and it's been hitting us pretty hard all day.

God loves us! Gotta love the rain. (You're right, thedr13, only us desert rats would understand it!)
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:47:53 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
We were out the range training, it was awesome.  I have not shot the AR in very hard rain like we got today, it was an eye opening experience.  

I remember once when I was on active duty the sky opened up on us at a rifle qualification range. Every couple of shots I had to blow the water out of the rear sight so I could aim.  

It was Forrest Gump rain; sideways rain, fat drop rain, rain that came up from underneath...
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:02:17 PM EDT
[#16]
WOW!  Sycamore creek was flowing pretty good yesterday!  I cut my shoot short to go splash in the water!
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:15:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Normally I welcome the rain, but...

I play keyboards in a classic rock cover band.  Saturday afternoon/evening we had a gig on the south side of Tempe town lake (park is facing the America West building).  We arrived at 3:00 PM and spent the next two hours setting up and getting a sound check complete.

Now maybe this wasn't the ideal gig (substance abuse recovery celebration), but about 1500 people were expected to attend, TV news vans were there and the crowd (30 and 40 somethings) was just the right age to appreciate the stuff we play.  Heck, we were even going to make some decent coin for this performance.

So, just after we get set up and sound checked, the f-ing sky opened up and the rain starts coming down.  The stage was covered, but the wind kicked up and the rain started blowing sideways.

Did I mention that I had about $10,000 worth of gear on that stage?

So, we tarped up as best we could, waited for a lull in the storm, and then tore down faster than shit goes through a goose.

Did I also mention that I was royally pissed-off watching my electronics get soaking wet?

Normally I love the rain.

Just not last saturday night...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top